Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^They probably couldn't find a buyer! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

With regards to Kane, if he does move to the likes of Bayern or Real, is the style of "Wendyball" sorry Football in those leagues that different from the EPL that he won't be the success that he has been at Spurs?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:46 am With regards to Kane, if he does move to the likes of Bayern or Real, is the style of "Wendyball" sorry Football in those leagues that different from the EPL that he won't be the success that he has been at Spurs?
Kane will be a success anywhere he goes. Get him the ball inside the box and he'll score. He'd suit the German and Italian leagues over the Spanish mind. The Spanish want flair and thrills.

I'm not including the French league out of contempt.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:10 am Kane will be a success anywhere he goes. Get him the ball inside the box and he'll score.
He's just a "Goalhanger" then who does f'all work and accepts all the glory? :wink: :D :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:17 am
Lost wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:10 am Kane will be a success anywhere he goes. Get him the ball inside the box and he'll score.
He's just a "Goalhanger" then who does f'all work and accepts all the glory? :wink: :D :duck:
Didn't want to big him up too much, I'm mindful of others on the forum. :mrgreen:

So forget the goals then... playing as a false 9, in which the Kane-Son partnership blossomed, he also took the highest assists on top of the most goals. No better passer of the ball as it stands. Don't see it as much as the likes of De Bruyne as Kane usually plays further up the pitch.

:cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not wanting to support Kane that much, but you can’t accuse him of being a goal hanger - if anything he can be accused of not being enough of a goal hanger and playing too deep.

I originally didn’t see him leaving the Premier League as he wanted to break Shearer’s goal record, but if he does go overseas it will be interesting to see how he gets on in a different environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Here we are then. In the current market, 40 million seems like a bargain. 26 years old. Most goals by a midfielder since start of 2020 season. Time will tell. Ange is all about attacking football apparently. Going to be interesting watching possibly the most defensive/counter-attack team in the league try revert back to the possession heavy, attacking days of Poch.

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Mount to United.

Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Sorry to add an old post by Maddison, lost.
from leicester to spurs.jpg
from leicester to spurs.jpg (112.2 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

:thumb:

Saw that one. Ah, if he produces the goods I'm happy for him to continue saying it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Really disappointed to see Mount leave Chelsea. They didn't want him to go, but he refused their offer of a new contract. It seems odd they aren't prepared to meet his demands, when he is proven at the top level in the premiership, and we are paying God knows what for all the unproven waifs and strays we picked up last season. Fingers crossed Poch has some magic dust to sprinkle in their direction. His first official day in the new job tomorrow.
Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:04 am Sorry to add an old post by Maddison, lost. from leicester to spurs
Old? It's neolithic! Maddison was 15 at the time!!! :laugh: :laugh:

The most worrying thing about it is that it's probably stll accessible on line... a scary thought.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For anybody interested, True have an early bird package for EPL, which gives every EPL match next season for just 2,900฿. The only other thing you need is to sign up for True ID, which is totally free of charge. I've used this for the last 3 seasons, and it is soooooo much better than the freebie pirate streaming sites. No buffering, just pure HD football. It take all of the hassle out of watching EPL football.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:For anybody interested, True have an early bird package for EPL, which gives every EPL match next season for just 2,900฿. The only other thing you need is to sign up for True ID, which is totally free of charge. I've used this for the last 3 seasons, and it is soooooo much better than the freebie pirate streaming sites. No buffering, just pure HD football. It take all of the hassle out of watching EPL football.
Yes but for the exact same amount you can have an annual subscription to Wizz tv and not only watch every EPL game, but every other sport channel and every movie/ drama you could ever want. Plus catch up TV plus digital radio

All FHD and no buffering like the free sites

I know what I'd rather have.

Just saying....

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, these things are brilliant until they aren't or get taken down, but that is for another thread. I've been caught a couple of times. I'm happy to pay for the legal service, so long as it isn't a rip-off.

Just trying to help - we get the question several times each season, but usually after the early bird offer.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: