Champions League Thread & Superbru Pool 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: Champions League Thread & Superbru Pool 2021-22

Post by PeteC »

Bamboo...if you look at our pool pages on Superbru this year they also have a tab for "Fantasy League", both Champions League and Premier League. No idea if same, better or worse than the Fantasy League that you're using, but maybe worth a look for next season? :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Do you mean the odds based fantasy one? If yes, that's not the same. I didn't find any other.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Standings after Round #5

Lindosfan is increasing his lead. We have to do something about that. :D

phpRJ9szbPM.jpg
phpRJ9szbPM.jpg (17.88 KiB) Viewed 217 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Wanted to watch the Bayern/Barca game tonight. Barca needing a win to go through, should have been a good game. But, I see Germany are back to no fans in the stadium! How very very shit. Not watching that.

Come on Young Boys! :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:57 am Wanted to watch the Bayern/Barca game tonight. Barca needing a win to go through, should have been a good game. But, I see Germany are back to no fans in the stadium! How very very shit. Not watching that.

It looked to be a fairly one-sided match with Bayern winning 3-0 and Barcelona out!!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:50 am
Lost wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:57 am Wanted to watch the Bayern/Barca game tonight. Barca needing a win to go through, should have been a good game. But, I see Germany are back to no fans in the stadium! How very very shit. Not watching that.

It looked to be a fairly one-sided match with Bayern winning 3-0 and Barcelona out!!
Yes, I read comments saying Bayern should have put 5 or 6 away. How Barcelona have fallen! A club in a mess.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Lost wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:14 am

Yes, I read comments saying Bayern should have put 5 or 6 away. How Barcelona have fallen! A club in a mess.
They can have Wan Biscuit, Meatball Maguire and Manic "passes ball to the opposition" Matic for starters :naughty:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:14 am

Yes, you’d never see that in North London would you :duck:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Standings at the end of the Group stages
phpj1ApX3PM.jpg
phpj1ApX3PM.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 174 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Standings after 1st Leg-Last 16

phpGCAPqWPM.jpg
phpGCAPqWPM.jpg (17.96 KiB) Viewed 158 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think you can bet the ranch that the final won't be in St. Petersburg. I haven't read yet what the options my be.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 pm I think you can bet the ranch that the final won't be in St. Petersburg. I haven't read yet what the options my be.
One of the venues being talked about is West Ham’s “London Stadium”, especially if it ends up an all English final - Wembley is already committed, I’m sure other countries are also in contention depending on who the finalists might be (and what the situation is in Europe by May)!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:40 pm
PeteC wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 pm I think you can bet the ranch that the final won't be in St. Petersburg. I haven't read yet what the options my be.
One of the venues being talked about is West Ham’s “London Stadium”, especially if it ends up an all English final - Wembley is already committed, I’m sure other countries are also in contention depending on who the finalists might be (and what the situation is in Europe by May)!!
I actually thought I'd read that Wembley was ready to hold the final as was Spurs' stadium - maybe mistaken as I can't seem to find the report now!! :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:40 pm
I actually thought I'd read that Wembley was ready to hold the final as was Spurs' stadium - maybe mistaken as I can't seem to find the report now!! :roll:
The one that I read said both Wembley and Spurs ground were unavailable - if I find it I’ll post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:20 pmThe one that I read said both Wembley and Spurs ground were unavailable - if I find it I’ll post it.
Sounds like I read it @rse about t!t!! :roll: :oops:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.