Normal tip for caddie in Hua Hin ?

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Re: Normal tip for caddie in Hua Hin ?

Post by poosmate »

^Do you want A bet :wink:
no more dePreston
old pro
Novice
Novice

Post by old pro »

These girls lug around 15kgs of clubs..have to watch hackers ( that's you !) and spend half their time looking for your ball...you tip them 250 baht to 300 baht but it will feed them for a few days....don't be stingy whoever caddies for you and I've had my share of useless ones but they are poor girls trying to survive who never had the chance that you had in life...have a heart for God sake...
TypicallyTropical
Professional
Professional

Post by TypicallyTropical »

old pro wrote:....don't be stingy whoever caddies for you and I've had my share of useless ones but they are poor girls trying to survive who never had the chance that you had in life...have a heart for God sake...
:agree: How true that is! Common guys, the difference between 150 Baht and 300 Baht is less than $5.00! :roll: :roll: :roll:
TT
Citizen of The World
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather....
Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..."
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

And don't forget the totally uncalled for abuse they have to take from morons with anger issues.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

JW wrote:Agree lomu! My regular caddies get 10% of any winnings on the day (doesnt amounts too much)!
JW that poor girl will be skint and probably be a very hungry lady for the rest of her life at that rate. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Johan, golf is one of the most wagered (betting) on games in the world between participants at all levels. There are many ways to bet; winner of the hole, closest to the hole, front nine, back nine, eighteen, longest drive, total putts, pushes and pushes back (doubling the bet), etc. If a bet on anything can be dreamed up it has been thought of in golf.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

From my experience in Thailand I have never before heard about a caddy's tip being reduced because the player had hired a buggy - its not a bad idea but would not go down at all well !!

It one has a regular caddy, and from this one presumes she has good golf knowledge, then the usual rate is Bht300. If she is new to you and does a good job,then Bht250. If she is really poor then Bht200. On top of this one usually provides a drink (Bht40) and possibly food (Bht40) at the half way rest point.

So one can see that the cost can be more than first thought ( I actually pay mine rather more than Bht300), but it is all up to the individual.

Caddys' also provide an excellent green keeping service to the club by replacing divot marks with sand and repairing pitch marks on the green, and many other tidying jobs if they are experienced. I believe it is unfair that clubs deduct a percentage from the caddy fee when they do this work, as they are getting 'unpaid' greens staff.

In South Africa it is compulsory for all players to take a bag of soil/sand when you play so as to fill in the divots marks you may make - a good idea that could be followed in many western countries IMO.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I though it was illegal to gamble in Thailand ! I never saw anyone gamble in a golf course, and i played a lot of times. Maybe they are afraid to gamble with me ?
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

PET wrote:From my experience in Thailand I have never before heard about a caddy's tip being reduced because the player had hired a buggy - its not a bad idea but would not go down at all well !!

It one has a regular caddy, and from this one presumes she has good golf knowledge, then the usual rate is Bht300. If she is new to you and does a good job,then Bht250. If she is really poor then Bht200. On top of this one usually provides a drink (Bht40) and possibly food (Bht40) at the half way rest point.

So one can see that the cost can be more than first thought ( I actually pay mine rather more than Bht300), but it is all up to the individual.

Caddys' also provide an excellent green keeping service to the club by replacing divot marks with sand and repairing pitch marks on the green, and many other tidying jobs if they are experienced. I believe it is unfair that clubs deduct a percentage from the caddy fee when they do this work, as they are getting 'unpaid' greens staff.

In South Africa it is compulsory for all players to take a bag of soil/sand when you play so as to fill in the divots marks you may make - a good idea that could be followed in many western countries IMO.
I just want to tip same as thai people do, i will ask them how much they tip and i will make an "average tip".
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

I never saw anyone gamble in a golf course, and i played a lot of times.
Have you been been playing crazy golf or pitch and putt?
Evidence of wager and bets is visible to all in clubhouse bars and restaurants that I have been in.Even open payments around a table.
no more dePreston
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I play normal golf, in a golf course. I join groups of people because i'm alone. And never saw anyone gamble. Had one time a guy who asked me if i wanted to play 1000 B per hole, i though he was joking because he was a very bad player, then we played without any money of course. That day i could make 18 000 Bahts.

How you can gamble if you don't know what level your opponents have ? It's stupid. I will never gamble unless i'm sure to win.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

I will never gamble unless i'm sure to win.
That wouldn't be a gamble :laugh:
no more dePreston
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

Anyway i will training a little and start gamble, i didn't played for long time. Maybe i can make some money with my hobby. I just need to avoid the good players ;-)
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

Albert Stroller would enjoy playing around with you. :wink:
no more dePreston
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Johan

Golfers each have a handicap, so it should be a level playing field, when you gamble - and 95% of all golfers do !!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.