Thai Driving License renewal

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Thai Driving License renewal 2019-20

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you, in which case I will remove the posts shortly.

Cessation of Driving Licence testing and issuing posts removed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Anyone knows anything about the supposedly new law with regards to a new license required for big bikes above 400cc?

Is the new law in effect?

What is required for renewal?

Etc, etc...

YNWA

YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

From next February, motorbike riders in Thailand will be required to pass a separate driving test and training session if they wish to receive a licence for a “big bike”. The regulation has been announced in the Royal Gazette, after the government approved it last August, in a bid to cut road traffic accidents which are predominantly motorbikes (about 75%) and predominantly male. Thailand has one of the world’s worst road safety records, and the highest rate of motorcycle-related deaths.
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... -next-year
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

Advice please: I need to renew my driving licence ( car) is the land transport office in Prachuap open for this purpose this week?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Robert williams wrote:Advice please: I need to renew my driving licence ( car) is the land transport office in Prachuap open for this purpose this week?
I think you now have to use the smart queue app. I just had a look and Pranburi is fully booked until April.

Prachuab city is bookable any day from 6th.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Robert williams wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:26 pm Advice please: I need to renew my driving licence ( car) is the land transport office in Prachuap open for this purpose this week?
Just a reminder: You have up to one year after expiry to renew a Thai driving licence.
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

Thank you for the reply but I actually want to know if they are open for licence renewal. The information online is ambiguous
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Robert williams wrote:Thank you for the reply but I actually want to know if they are open for licence renewal. The information online is ambiguous
Yes, but you may have to book online or by app, as explained above. In Prachuab town you may be able to walk in at a time not already fully booked, but you may risk being turned away.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

If there are anyone with relatively recent experience with renewal of 5 year license at the Pranburi Transport office it would be benficial to know the current ropes and knots. My current license expire mid May and I mean to have seen something a few months ago about waiting list/registration in advance for renewals and if so its time to get started.
In advance thank you.
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

No one done a license renewal the last half year either in Pranburi or Cha am :?
hahuahin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Yes, if you read page 9 and most of this page.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

sateeb wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 pm Yes, if you read page 9 and most of this page.
I finally found the "DLT smart queue app to register but when clicking on the "passport" id nothing happen. Btw, I have seen this https://www.huahintoday.com/thailand-ne ... -covid-19/ but at the same time they write this Other services that do not need an extended presence at an office will still be provided. :?
hahuahin
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As has been mentioned before, you get 12 months grace in which to renew your licence, so it might be just as well in the current circumstances to wait a while for things to (hopefully) calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

By looking at play store comments it looks like the smart queue app has never worked with passport number.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:18 am As has been mentioned before, you get 12 months grace in which to renew your licence, so it might be just as well in the current circumstances to wait a while for things to (hopefully) calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im aware of that but in my experience from different government offices for some years is that what is said not always function as that in practical terms the day you show up and say "but I was told I could wait" Especially so if you met the "wrong" person that day. :| TIT. :)
hahuahin