News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by migrant »

Was Jimmy Hoffa one of them?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Cleaning the dead: the afterlife rituals of the Torajan people: -

"For the Torajan people of Indonesia, death is part of a spiritual journey: families keep the mummified remains of their deceased relatives in their homes for years – and traditionally invite them to join for lunch on a daily basis – before they are eventually buried. Even then, they are regularly exhumed to be cleaned and cared for."

WARNING: this gallery contains graphic images of dead bodies -

https://www.theguardian.com/world/galle ... jan-people
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yep, that's pretty weird :shock:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I like the sunglasses
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I know a Thai woman, whose mother died at 100 yrs. of age, who kept her embalmed mother in a casket in the house for a year, before cremating her. No sun glasses though.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Its still weird though :laugh:

Points 51; Position 21
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, don't think they'll get back the millions...... and certainly not sure I'd be going for it!! British Airways were the classic. "Would you like a meal Sir?", "What are the choices?", "Yes or No!!"....... :thumb:

Grounded Beef? Airlines Sell In-Flight Meals to Earthbound Travellers

"Airlines are not known for their excellent cuisine. A tray of plastic-sealed plane food is, for some travellers, barely tolerable at 30,000 feet. Yet, as the coronavirus pandemic has halted flights around the world, a growing number of airlines are now flogging in-flight meals to grounded customers.

Thai Airways began advertising meal boxes in April, when the pandemic struck, selling anything from stir fried tiger prawn to beef cheek with cumin sauce. In Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific is selling meals to airport staff, while Indonesia’s national airline Garuda is offering its food as takeaway dinners on a tray.

It’s served just as if you’re on a flight, said Rubi Haliman, from Tangerang, Indonesia, who has already ordered four meals from Aerofood ACS, the catering company for Garuda. “We get the whole set [of potted dishes],” he said. “My favourite was nasi daun jeruk: rice with lemon flavour,” said Rubi. On the side, he was served an egg tofu, and for dessert, jongkong, a traditional Indonesian sticky rice pudding."

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Man Blows Up Part of House While Chasing Fly

"A man has blown up part of his house in France while trying to swat a fly.
The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.
He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.
A reaction between the racket and the gas caused an explosion, destroying the kitchen and partly damaging the roof of the home in Parcoul-Chenaud village.
According to local media, the unnamed man had a lucky escape, sustaining just a burn to the hand.
However, the fate of the fly is not known, news outlet Sud-Ouest notes.
The man has since checked into a local campsite while his family repair the house."
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

M5 crash: Lorry dies after crash near Tewkesburyy

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-glo ... e-54139133

RIP lorry... :banghead:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've looked at this several times, and apart from you mis-quoting the headline, I don't see anything weird :?

Points 51; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Perhaps the headline was bad, and they've edited it. That was my first thought.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 pm I've looked at this several times, and apart from you mis-quoting the headline, I don't see anything weird :?
The headline was as posted on the BBC News website. No mis quote from me just piss poor proof readers at the beeb.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Malaysian man 'finds' monkey selfies on lost phone

:lach: ....Video and photos at link. He tried to eat the phone too!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-54157459

A Malaysian man says he found monkey selfies and videos on his missing phone a day after retrieving it in the jungle behind his house.

The content - including footage of a monkey that appears to be trying to eat the phone - has been widely shared on social media since Zackrydz Rodzi posted it on Twitter.

The student said he thought his phone had been stolen while he was sleeping.

But it remained unclear exactly how the mobile went missing.

It was also not possible to verify the circumstances in which the photos and videos ended up on his phone.

Mr Zackrydz said he failed to find any trace of his phone until Sunday afternoon when his father noticed a monkey outside their house. On calling his phone again he heard ringing from the jungle a few steps beyond the back garden, he said, then discovered the muddied phone on some leaves beneath a palm tree.

His uncle joked that maybe there was a photo in the phone of the thief, he said, so after cleaning it he opened the picture gallery "and boom, it's full of monkey photos".

Unlike some parts of the world where monkeys live in or near urban areas, there is no history of monkeys stealing things from houses in the local neighbourhood, said the student. He suspects the monkey may have entered the house through his brother's open bedroom window.

"Something that you might see once in a century," he tweeted on Sunday in a post that was shared and liked several thousand times and picked up by local media outlets........
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Cannot use a snake as a mask.
The end comment is brilliant
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It looks like a constrictor. I wouldn't want it wrapped around my neck.