Hua Hin bars closed/or reopening?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Masks and bikinis as Bangkok sex districts reopen with new rules

Post by hhfarang »

"With performers wearing facemasks as well as bikinis, Bangkok's red-light districts reopened on Wednesday after more than three months of shutdown to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Bars, karaoke venues and massage parlours were in the latest category of businesses allowed to reopen - with conditions - now that Thailand has gone 37 days since recording any local transmission of the virus.

It meant a return to work for some of the hundreds of thousands of people in the nightlife industry who have been struggling to survive.

"I lost all my income," said Bee, a 27-year-old dancer who goes by her stage name at the XXX Lounge in the Patpong district.

"I'm glad that I can come back to work in a job that I'm good at. I'm OK with the mask because it's one of the precautions." ..."

Full story with photos:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/masks-bikini ... 22530.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Bars closed/Now reopening?

Post by HHTel »

All customers have their temperature taken. They must give a name and telephone number.
Yeh, right!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've spent the last couple of days touring the bars I've frequented in the past, including Soi 80.

Has anyone seen any indication of compliance with the 'guidelines'? I certainly haven't. Bars in Soi 80, the girls are up close and 'playing'! Pool tables outside of town very busy with long queues to play. Masks - forget it! Social distancing - forget it! Bar girls doing the 'usual' - definitely!

Virus? - What virus?

I'm quite glad of the next couple of days closure. I need to recover. Definitely over done it!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:I've spent the last couple of days touring the bars I've frequented in the past, including Soi 80.

Has anyone seen any indication of compliance with the 'guidelines'? I certainly haven't. Bars in Soi 80, the girls are up close and 'playing'! Pool tables outside of town very busy with long queues to play. Masks - forget it! Social distancing - forget it! Bar girls doing the 'usual' - definitely!

Virus? - What virus?

I'm quite glad of the next couple of days closure. I need to recover. Definitely over done it!
"Has anyone seen ANY indication of compliance with the 'guidelines'? I certainly haven't"

So you're saying of all the bars you've been to, no customers are getting temp checked or registering name/number or using hand gel on entry?

I've been to approx ten bars since Wed and roughly half of those do the above.

So yes I have seen, and cooperated with, some guidelines. They have my real name and number, my temp and I cleaned my hands. Plus I will not shake hands with anyone(not sure that's on the list but it should be)

As for the rest of the guidelines, yeah forget it!! :)

And I doubt those bars that are making an effort will continue to do so, beyond next week.

But you did say "any"

Lots of love

Peter Pedantic
xxx

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So you're saying of all the bars you've been to, no customers are getting temp checked or registering name/number or using hand gel on entry?
Correct. I've only been to 7 bars but I've not been approached to check in, temp check etc.
I've not been in the Bintablock.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm beginning to like the idea that going forward many venues may be open air, or in some way convert their premises to open air. There is a lot of talk locally in my area about this and some places have started doing it already.

We see this constant repeat of Covid outbreaks associated with closed, cramped and stuffy bars and personally I would welcome the change back to the open beer bar concept.

Burning mosquito coils under bar stools, may even kill Covid germs?! :shock: :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, I drove past Maya on the way to Makro yesterday. Of course, rubber necking was essential :oops:

I had never noticed before, but they have loads of open air seating. So Hua Hin has closed what must be one of its most open air seating bars :? .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Its a typical knee-jerk Thai authority reaction - close the place after the event has happened.

If the numbers keep going up, expect another round of bar closures and alcohol prohibition for the province.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Today's bar closure notification moved here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38929 because the actual notice covers more than just bars.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have said all along, we all know many bars are still opening, despite restrictions. In fact, from what I see, those who are opening are making more money than before Covid.

My son went to a bar at 8pm, and came home at 4am. He sent me a video (no bar names of course), and the place was a dive. Yes, it had newly painted walls, and the pool table was newly covered, but it isn't the sort of place you'd normally be seen dead in for more than 1 beer, and would probably never go back again. There were about 10 other people in the bar - all dedicated drinkers, without any facial expression whatsoever.

So what makes people spend 8 hours locked away in such a place? Is it the naughty boy syndrome? The Gov't say no, so I'm going to prove them wrong. Under normal conditions would these people be seen dead in this place, when there are proper, well furnished bars with real atmosphere? I really find it crazy that people would put themselves through such discomfort for a bottle of beer. OK, I can't drink, so can easily say no. Are these people alcoholics - must get their fix regardless? If you told them they would have to pay top dollar to be locked in a back room for hours on end under normal conditions, they'd probably say you were talking stupid.

I guess the BIB are laughing their socks off at these people voluntarily locking themselves up, thinking that's them people off the streets for the night. Job done. If they need a bit of extra cash, just knock on the door - if I as a non-drinker know where it's happening, be sure the BIB know exactly what is going on. Just hand out a tasty little fine, the people have already voluntarily incarcerated themselves.

Points 51; Position 21
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm sure many of us know that even in these lockdown times, you don't have to rely on drinking in dives/lock-ups. There are bars/restaurants that appear 'open as usual' with music, pool and 'atmosphere. Ok, so any alcoholic drinks are served in aluminium 'glasses'. Police turning a blind eye (money changing hands I guess).
I've noticed bars and restaurants outside of the town with open bottles on the tables.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Why not buy whatever alcohol you want, in the store, take it home, and drink till you drop? What's the attraction of sitting in a shit hole bar and drinking?

Having spent a large portion of my working life in bars, I fail to see the attraction.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:17 pm What's the attraction of sitting in a shit hole bar and drinking?
This is my point exactly.

I hear what you're saying HHTel, but the dives are still attracting more than their fair share of clientele. Maybe it's the silly opening times, maybe there aren't enough 'nice' bars open. I don't know, but it just seems crazy to me.

Points 51; Position 21
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Luckily since bars closure, nearly 8 months, I always had my alcoholic drinks in restaurants and some bars in an aluminium glass or cappuccino cup. There are people in bars and the pleasure is to be with people. Ladies are also available. Stupid to call those bars shit and let some idiots buying their alcohol and drinking alone at home.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:49 pm Stupid to call those bars shit
Apart from you, who else is calling them that?

Yes, we all know it's available, and hasn't stopped being available, but don't you feel stupid having to turn up with your own 'aluminium glass or cappuccino cup' or does it give you a kick knowing that you're breaking the law? I have no problem with what is going on, but just feel people are being manipulated whilst the BIB are laughing their socks off. They know they have a ready stream of tea money whenever they can be bothered to get off their arses to collect it. This has very little to do with Covid, and is all about control.

Actually, on the aluminium cup thing, my son reckons its the best thing to come out of Covid. He says he will continue to take his aluminium cup after Covid is long gone - he reckons it keeps his beer much cooler than drinking from a bottle sat in a condom.

Points 51; Position 21