Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea

Post by JimmyGreaves »

What a nice surprise. Tottenham repeating their 1967 FA Cup Final score against Chelsea and the now guaranteed european football next term.

Both teams at full strength (bale out), Wembley throbbing with noise, a real cup final atmosphere with both teams giving it their all.

The best team definetely won this one

COYS!
Toni

Post by Toni »

Nice to see somebody else winning something rather than the "big four".
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Yeah, well done to Spurs who I thought had the edge overall after being much the better team in the 1st half. They're a much improved team who I suspect will continue improving. Berbatov(?) is awesome.

I wasn't impressed with Chelsea's tactics (how many back passes to Cech?), their performance or starting formation, we scored against the run of play and Grant still has to a lot to prove and to get it right for the big games.

Dodgy penalty though! :wink:

Does the Carling Cup get you into europe when the FA cup doesn't?
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Yes, Uefa cup place for winners.

When Spurs received the cup, all the original harcore Chelsea fans remained in the ground to see it. All 14,500 of them :shock:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I travelled to London Sunday afternoon/evening. When I left home it was 1 - 0 to Chelsea. I was staying in the Euston area. The journey from Paddington to Euston was overrun with celebrating Chelsea fans. I only saw one Spurs fan who actually looked quite glum. The boys in blue were also working very hard controlling the partying.

You could have knocked me down with a feather when I saw the result when I got to my hotel.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20