Keith Floyd

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Keith Floyd

Post by Jaime »

I saw this BBC article about the TV chef being ill but didn't realise that, according the article, he has a restaurant in Thailand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7221837.stm

Anyone know anything about it or where it is?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Jaime,

I've Googled it and came up with this http://www.burasari.com/floyd.htm
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

He was in Patong for six weeks over the peak season, quite tireing!

I always enjoyed his programs particularly "Far flung Floyd" Fare East and India. He has a real feeling for and sympathy with these cuisines.

I know quite a few London Thai restauranteurs and they like him too, call him "Flar Flung floi"

Best of health to the old bugger!

SJ
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Sabai Jai wrote:
I always enjoyed his programs particularly "Far flung Floyd" Fare East and India.
I'll never forget the programme that he did in some Thai village, where he prepared a Papaya Salad. My wife and daughter were literally crying with laughter. Apparently the body language of the Thais tasting his food was spot on, but their comments in Thai actually said what they really thought of the food - it wasn't very complimentary :twisted:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

I have stayed at the hotel just before the Tsuanmi and other then b/fast food was not a big thing on the menu. I have no probs with the hotel or what they had done.

They had taken a survey from previous clients and the consenous that people did not want mini bar but somewhere where they could purchase beer/wine/snaks as per 7-11 or mini mart.

We had pool access room and took wine, beer and snacks to the room or round the pool. No probs with people saying that you not buy hotel drinks etc.
You could eat in the place b4 floyd went there, but was not well patroniosed.

So i found the place to be very laid back. We had pool access rooms, we had a small patio where we had chairs and table etc where we could sit without having to venture to poolside.

I can say without a doubt t is much better to have the extra privacy of the patio for early evening drinks b4 going out. Much more relaxing

In what I have said, I am not sure if the same is still the hotels policy, pays to check b4 u go.
But all in all I had a great experience at the Burrasrai
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"