Disneyland Thailand in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The last thing we need is a 6 foot rat running round.....I see enough of them at closing time....
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

You're all talking total bollocks.

I just came back from Disneyland Paris. F*#%ing great it was and all. A pleasure to be someplace where everything works and everybody is having a good time. A genuinely uplifting experience.

I stayed in a small village (MUCH smaller than Hua Hin) not far from Disneyland and nothing there had changed at all in the 15 years that Disneyland has been running. The Disney development is completely self contained - that is the whole point - it is pure escapism.

But don't worry - the infrastructure in Thailand is probably too poor to accommodate something that would be as popular as Disneyland. The sleepy fishing village/popular tourist destination (delete according to your perception) that is Hua Hin is likely to continue as it is for the foreseeable future.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Sorry Jaime, Mickey is going somewhere else:

The second deal involves a joint venture with a Dutch property firm to develop a 1,600-hectare land plot in Cha-am district of Phetchaburi province as a residential project. Original plans were to locate a Disney theme park on the property, but TCC Land has changed its plans. Another site has been found for the Disney park.
"We continue to keep contact with Disneyland, but we think the Cha-am location is not suitable for the theme-park concept, and as a result we'll change to another area for this project," Wallapa said.
The Nation
http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/09/28/ ... 050513.php
Gregneil1
Novice
Novice

Disneyland

Post by Gregneil1 »

I'm not surprised that Disney will go elsewhere.
I'm also not surprised that the HH community overall seems to prefer it that way.
Sounds like a win-win.

But how would you all feel about a much smaller water theme-park, with slides, pools, cafes, etc.? Done "right", family and Thai/farang friendly. Would that go over well? Or is that more suited to places like Phuket and Pattaya? Btw, is anyone aware of Phuket having any public (i.e., non-hotel) waterparks?

Thanks for your comments!

Greg
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

If somebody want to make a water theme park in Hua Hin I for certain will applaud the idea.
I think this is the kind of establishment we need here.
Welcome to the forum Gregneil1.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Disneyland.....Again????

Post by T.I.G.R. »

You people need to lay off the beer for awhile. Is this thread kept as a running joke or what?

The last post was in June and now all of a sudden here we go again!

Just to bring all you nut cases up to date:

Elvis really is dead.
O.J. really did it.
Area 51 is a prank.
Disneyland has more of a chance to locate in Helsinki than in HH or Cha Am.

:roll:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Disneyland.....Again????

Post by Norseman »

T.I.G.R. wrote:You people need to lay off the beer for awhile. Is this thread kept as a running joke or what?

The last post was in June and now all of a sudden here we go again!
Last post, before todays posts was done September 29.
Gregneil1 came up with another idea which sounds good to me.
What's the problem TIGR?
If you don't like a thread then skip it and go to the next.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
T.I.G.R.
Guru
Guru

Disneyland

Post by T.I.G.R. »

Sorry N., got my dates mixed up. Also, I generally do move on if I read a topic I don't like (note my number of posts).

Still, I wonder why this topic keeps coming back, which is why I wrote.

Thailand is a beautiful country because it hasn't been spoiled by excess, for one thing, and because of that it remains one of few affordable alternatives for many of us.

When I read expats yearning for things they had at home I wonder what the heck they are doing here? Let's hope Thailand doesn't ever turn into anything like Anaheim.

So my point is, I guess, watch out what you wish for, you might get it.

:cheers:
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hi There Y'all

I'm terribly sorry to resurrect this thread back from the oblivion again here is another update picked up on Todays Bangkok Post Online Edition in the Business part as a small part mentioned in this Article Titled: "TCC puts brakes on investment" And in it's very last paragraph there's this said about the proposed amusemnt Park!
"As well, the company is hiring the design firm Edaw to design an amusement park on the 1,000-rai first phase of a 10,000-rai site the company has in Cha-am"

After resaerching the design firm EDAW/AECON on the Internet It seems that This Firm is at the fore front of Enviromental Design and Planings and so On.

"The fusion of design, environment, economics, and planning helps EDAW to balance aesthetic, environmental, and social goals. Sustainability infuses the full continuum of our services."
(Taken from the "Our Work section of EDAW/AECON's website @ www.edaw.com)

Looks like this ain't gonna be a Disney Project. Thank Buddha! Well with 1000 rai this Amusement park will be smaller than Disneyland I guess! I let y'all comment on this!

Your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
airborn
Amateur
Amateur

Post by airborn »

does anyone have an update of the progress? has the construction started, or is it still on planning stage? will it be Disney or not?

has TCC abandoned the idea due to economic crisis?
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hello threre airborn

The Disney Company has signed a MOU with the Province of Shanghai to Construct and open a Disney Theme Park by 2015. Construction of that Theme Park could be started as soon sa late 2010 to early 2011.

As of TCC Land I haven't heard anything from them so far! They had plans to build a Golf course with adjacent Hotels and a small Theme Park.

but due to the global economic crisis we are in right now. They may halted or abandonned their plans.

As Disney had just placed their next next Park in Mainland China in 2015 there will be no other Disney Park in the Southeastern Asia for a long Time! Or some deal could be worked out to build a Park within South east Asia.

Your's The understudy!!!
Follower of this story since it first broke in 06.
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Not doubting you... but curious as to how you know all these facts Understudy... :)
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Guten Abend HHfarbg

Thanks for asking me this Question

The minor part of this News gathering/fact finding is online I,e, Google News, ect. and so on. The major part are eniquries to the Companies/parties involed. So we can get genuine Information form the source. If in any case direct Infromation is not availabe then I get some of my Informations through friends also working in the NEWS Business which they had verified!

Your's The understudy!!!
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

WE NEED A WATER PARK (JUST OUTSIDE TOWN), WHEN'S IT COMING ?????

With a proper Florida style crazy golf and a kids play area where they crawl through tunnels and swing on ropes.

And a small camping area with tents and camp fires, where I can drop my son off for a week or 12.

SJ