Ryan Adams - Wales Millenium Centre - 11 Nov 07

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Ryan Adams - Wales Millenium Centre - 11 Nov 07

Post by Jaime »

Here's my review of Ryan Adams' recent gig:

The sunday of Ryan Adams’ latest gig at Cardiff’s new Millenium Centre was a bit of a recovery day for me after a hectic week and a heavy Saturday night. I was therefore completely lucid for this show. I had never been to a show here and I have to say that the venue is spectacular, both externally and within the auditorium. The seating arrangement is carefully considered and rows are off set so that everyone gets a view – so there are no ‘big head in front’ problems! Although the building is so modern, the 1800 seat auditorium has the feel of a traditional theatre, with plush red seats and beautiful, curved boxes faced in warm timber.

I spent some time considering the venue because we had been informed that Ryan Adams would come on promptly at 8pm – there was no support act. After some disgruntled slow hand clapping and worried murmurings from those who had seen him cut short gigs in the past, the band entered the stage at twenty past eight. Adams stepped up to the mic, wearing a green bobble hat and dark glasses and announced “Good evening, we are the Cardinals from the United States of America and now we’re going to jam for you,â€