Da Beach?

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Da Beach?

Post by PeteC »

Seems many questions lately about beach/water quality in and around HH.

I know it changes seasonally, as it does over here in Pattaya.

If people are looking for pristine water and beaches though, neither HH nor Pattaya are the places to go, many years ago they were, and were pristine.

These days I guess it's Krabi, Phuket, Samui and the Eastern Gulf, east of Rayong.

Would be good to hear people's experiences as to good Thai beaches with clear, pristine water. Extra points for the "secret" places..LOL.

I've heard so much about those hundreds of islands that belong to Burma and India in the northern Andaman that few of us can get to. :( Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

Did a trip to the Mergui Archipelago (Burma) about two years ago, there are 800 islands, many uninhabited and some the size of Singapore. Crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, undeveloped tropical paradise, if the Junta ever get their fingers out and open up tourism there Thailand can kiss its tourist revenue goodbye.

A little closer to home though:

Koh Talu: great little island only two hours away, clear water, coral reefs, great beaches. The only drawback is one resort has the monopoly on island accommodation so you need to pay through the nose or do day trips:
http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/bangsaph ... ctions.htm

A beach on Koh Talu ... anyone seen my horse ... come to think of it where is the hotel?

Chumphon: just three hours from Hua Hin and the water gets even clearer, Tung Wa Laen beach at Chumphon is a great little spot, also with offshore islands for snorkelers and divers:

Chumphon beaches are currently tourist free ... well apart from long weekends when Bangkok moves there.

Pretty much all of the beaches on the Andaman side beat HH and Pattaya in terms of water quality and cleanliness, ones that stand out for me are at Khao Lak, Koh Lanta and the islands in Trang province.
Last edited by buksida on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Koh Kuds a little beauty and still very undeveloped.

But sssshhhhhhhhh! :wink:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Was in Ao Nang a few years ago and went on a long boat trip to Chicken Island, Poda Island, Tab Island
There are some great photos in this link
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Thailand/Krabi/Islands/

Also last year went to Koh Samui and must admit beaches and sea was great in both sections of the island we stayed.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"