Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

MODS!! :mrgreen:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

sateeb has been missed on this thread. Not contributed since last year. When I rib United, it's like mocking a downs kid. No comeback. Feels like bullying.

Come back sateeb :D
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:13 am MODS!! :mrgreen:
Oh, don't worry - I've noted the address down and can share for a price :duck:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

There's no way Ten Hag will be there at the start of next season. No way. He's had a couple of years, massive money and salaries... but his man management is shit, his tactical nous is shit, his talent ID is shit, his—

Tuchel will be in charge next season.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:23 am There's no way Ten Hag will be there at the start of next season. No way. He's had a couple of years, massive money and salaries... but his man management is shit, his tactical nous is shit, his talent ID is shit, his—

But how's Tuchel different based on this season? Didn't he lose the dressing room, the fans and club directors - of two clubs within 18 months? Must have a decent bank balance after "pay-offs"?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:There's no way Ten Hag will be there at the start of next season. No way. He's had a couple of years, massive money and salaries... but his man management is shit, his tactical nous is shit, his talent ID is shit, his—

Different era I grant you but Fergie was finishing 13th after three years and was still struggling after 4 years in the league( but then won the FA Cup)

Ratcliffe may not be so patient

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

0_Manchester-City-v-Leicester-City-Premier-League-Etihad-Stadium.jpg
0_Manchester-City-v-Leicester-City-Premier-League-Etihad-Stadium.jpg (46.44 KiB) Viewed 180 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oh come now lost....
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Looking like another City title after their 2-0 win tonight. Although Arsenal could still win it, that would require City to get no more than a point at home against West Ham and for Arsenal to beat Everton - I’m sure they’ll both win and City will be Champions once more!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Lost wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 am sateeb has been missed on this thread. Not contributed since last year. When I rib United, it's like mocking a downs kid. No comeback. Feels like bullying.

Come back sateeb :D
Been unable to contribute as I'm usually bent over with laughter at Man U's performances. No whingeing or whining from me unlike your usual Spud or Arse supporter :neener: :naughty: :duck:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

^^^ :thumb:

Big Ange was furious with the fans in the stadium. Happy to lose. Upset a lot of the fanbase with his post-match comments about fragility at Tottenham. Sure, I get it. He wants to win, but where was this firey passion over the past 5 matches? Lost four and scraped a win versus Burnley. Of course the spurs fans don't want to gift a first prem title in 20 years to our arch rivals the arse, Champion's League spot up for grab or not! What did he expect? It'd be exactly the same the other way round.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Newcastle not given one of the clearest penalties you're ever going to see on Gordon. VAR not fit for purpose, morons behind the screen.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Red card for Reece James, the suspension will carry over into next season. I've a good feeling you might get a full season from him in 25/26 caller :laugh:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 am Red card for Reece James, the suspension will carry over into next season. I've a good feeling you might get a full season from him in 25/26 caller :laugh:
Well, he was a fool. But the rules are a joke and I have been consistent about that for ages. Its taking us back to the days of Beckhams sending off in the World Cup. No point going on about it, but for me, it devalues the game when such soft sendings off take place in accordance with a very selective use of the law. When we see sinilar or worse at every single corner with players physically being thrown to the ground, which is universally tolerated by officials. It was almost funny that the victim of such 'violence', was walking around unharmed demanding James sending off, and again, in real time, the ref viewed it differently, and only when it was slowed down after VAR's intervention, was the red card shown. It would have been forgotten about had it not been for that.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

I agree with you. The 'kicking out' red card, particularly while on the floor, is a farce. Literally no damage could come from it, it's just a momentary reaction. Not dangerous. Not 'reckless'.

Needs to go. It's not endangering the other player.

:cheers: