TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 pm
pharvey wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 pm Had not heard of these - and the HK element certainly interests me. Shall visit Annas-Archive!!
I should warn you: there are no pictures and some of the words are quite long... :duck:
As always, your comments shall be treated with the contempt that they deserve.... But thanks for the heads up :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Shogun is turning into a binge-fest, I have no time to be rude to you. :D
This is the way
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Twisted Metal is 10 x 30 minute episodes of post-apocalypse style road trip action. Guns, explosions, guns on cars, and humour and love story.

Based on the old Playstation game, but there's no brutal car rollerderby action, and I can see that will maybe be the basis of the second season. Not sure if I'm interested, I just enjoyed the Max Max/Fallout crossover vibes of this season.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Jeremy Clarkson has fired up his tractor again for the third season of Clarkson's Farm.

Two others I've got lined up are Granite Harbour, a Scottish police drama, and 16th century English whodunnit Shardlake ... I know, but not much new sci-fi about at the moment!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:04 pm Two others I've got lined up are Granite Harbour, a Scottish police drama, and 16th century English whodunnit Shardlake ... I know, but not much new sci-fi about at the moment!
I've got both on my hard drive too, thankfully I see my Granite Harbour has subtitles, probably needed for the first couple of episodes until attuned to the accent (I remember the first time I watched Shetlands...).
buksida

Post by buksida »

Aye, y'ull need a wee but o' heelp wi tha Glaswegian laddie.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson