Hotel in Huaymaiteng, Ratchaburi

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Hotel in Huaymaiteng, Ratchaburi

Post by Hahuahin »

Is there some forum member who know Ratchaburi well (more exact Huaymaitheng reservoir area) and know if it's any hotels there? I find only hotels in Ratchaburi. :?

Thank you :)
hahuahin
Big Boy

Re: Hotel in Huaymaiteng, Ratchaburi

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe the golfing fraternity who frequent Dragon Hills could help. That is only 11 Km away.

Google maps suggests Lakescene Resort, which is actually very close.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance:
:dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh, and the spelling appears to be Huay Mai Teng (the spacing seems important).

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm Maybe the golfing fraternity who frequent Dragon Hills could help. That is only 11 Km away.

Google maps suggests Lakescene Resort, which is actually very close.
Thanks, unfortunately and typical :| Lakescene Resort have no available rooms the weekend we plan to go but is Dragon Hills a hotel or only name on the Golf Course? Btw, do you know if this "Kongkarn Resort and Farmstay" is in the same area?

hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dragon Hills is AFAIK a golf course.

Kongkarn Resort and Farmstay is 31 Km away, you can find closer than that. What is an acceptable distance?

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 pm Dragon Hills is AFAIK a golf course.

Kongkarn Resort and Farmstay is 31 Km away, you can find closer than that. What is an acceptable distance?
Thanks again. Around 10-15 +- Km had been ideal. Not demanding five-star accommodation but when that's said it's not too often, we take a "getaway" so
price is not a decisive factor as long as it is within the norm. (Whatever that is today)
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My regular hotel in Ratchaburi is Western Grand, which is 23Km. An older hotel, but well cared for and quite cheap. It is on the edge of town.

You must remember, driving in Ratchaburi is nothing like driving in Hua Hin. Traffic is very quiet. Driving around Ratchaburi is easy.

A place I stayed last weekend was Baan Tara Spa, which is 28Km. A very clean hotel, with probably the largest room I've had in Thailand. Even had 2 bathrooms. Beautiful setting on the river. Remote, but a nice coffee shop, with a half decent menu.

Tharalife looks a bit strange, but is only 6Km away.

Sanita Cottage looks nice, but is quite cheap and 15Km away

Ruean Chomdao Resort is 16Km away.

Ozone@Farm is 23Km away.

All of the above are quite cheap, but you'll find you get a lot more hotel for your money in rural Thailand.

Points 51; Position 21
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:48 am My regular hotel in Ratchaburi is Western Grand, which is 23Km. An older hotel, but well cared for and quite cheap. It is on the edge of town.

You must remember, driving in Ratchaburi is nothing like driving in Hua Hin. Traffic is very quiet. Driving around Ratchaburi is easy.

A place I stayed last weekend was Baan Tara Spa, which is 28Km. A very clean hotel, with probably the largest room I've had in Thailand. Even had 2 bathrooms. Beautiful setting on the river. Remote, but a nice coffee shop, with a half decent menu.

Tharalife looks a bit strange, but is only 6Km away.

Sanita Cottage looks nice, but is quite cheap and 15Km away

Ruean Chomdao Resort is 16Km away.

Ozone@Farm is 23Km away.

All of the above are quite cheap, but you'll find you get a lot more hotel for your money in rural Thailand.
Thanks for the recommendations. I should be able to find an option from them and I think I'm going to choose Baan Tara Spa after checking online. But the first choice would have been your regular hotel, the Western Grand, I like the old style, but on booking.com I get the message that they do not take reservations now and when searching on tripadvisor.com it says to contact the hotel directly. Perhaps there is ongoing maintenance work at the hotel for a period of time.
Anyway, many thanks for the help. :)
hahuahin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 pm Thanks for the recommendations. I should be able to find an option from them and I think I'm going to choose Baan Tara Spa after checking online. But the first choice would have been your regular hotel, the Western Grand, I like the old style, but on booking.com I get the message that they do not take reservations now and when searching on tripadvisor.com it says to contact the hotel directly. Perhaps there is ongoing maintenance work at the hotel for a period of time.
We were amazed at the size of the room at Baan Tara Spa. Very clean as well. The coffee shop was quite nice, and they did some nice cooling drinks (not sure if they sold beer - did not see any). There were steps down to a large floating platform on the river, which looked nice, but no way could I have got Mrs BB down there. I think that was a floating restaurant. Certainly the cooked food that we had in the coffee shop came up the steps.

Funny what you say about the Western Grand. Agoda gave me the message we had just missed the last room. Mrs BB phoned them, and they just said they were fully booked. I know they were moving towards long term room rental, so maybe they've achieved it. A shame if they have, because I've been a fairly regular customer for a few years.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 pm Thanks for the recommendations. I should be able to find an option from them and I think I'm going to choose Baan Tara Spa after checking online. But the first choice would have been your regular hotel, the Western Grand, I like the old style, but on booking.com I get the message that they do not take reservations now and when searching on tripadvisor.com it says to contact the hotel directly. Perhaps there is ongoing maintenance work at the hotel for a period of time.
We were amazed at the size of the room at Baan Tara Spa. Very clean as well. The coffee shop was quite nice, and they did some nice cooling drinks (not sure if they sold beer - did not see any). There were steps down to a large floating platform on the river, which looked nice, but no way could I have got Mrs BB down there. I think that was a floating restaurant. Certainly the cooked food that we had in the coffee shop came up the steps.

Funny what you say about the Western Grand. Agoda gave me the message we had just missed the last room. Mrs BB phoned them, and they just said they were fully booked. I know they were moving towards long term room rental, so maybe they've achieved it. A shame if they have, because I've been a fairly regular customer for a few years.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been looking further into the Grand Western, and found this posted a week ago:
GW.jpg
GW.jpg (63.96 KiB) Viewed 278 times
GW2.jpg
GW2.jpg (90.04 KiB) Viewed 271 times
GW3.jpg
GW3.jpg (100.25 KiB) Viewed 271 times
Obviously diversifying from the hotel business. A BIG shame.

Points 51; Position 21