Hua Hin To Start Charging For Chatchai Parking From 15 Feb

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin To Start Charging For Chatchai Parking From 15 Feb

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote: โ†‘Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 pm However the two (Gee An Teung) G supermarkets (Chomsin and Bon Kai) have car parking and also have pharmacy counters.
Sorry guys, still off topic, but Mrs BB has just nipped up to the Bon Kai Gee An Teung pharmacy. and was told they have closed their pharmacy service. They re-directed her to the pharmacy opposite Baan Khun Por
:offtopic:
Noted. Thx.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Well it was supposed to start today, but as I went to G-Untung pharmacy this morning the place was still as chaotic as ever, and I saw no one collecting any parking moneys !
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It most definitely did start today, I've heard Thais complaining about being charged double the advertised fee.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Went again to G-Untung pharmacy this morning around 11am. My husband parked in a proper allocated space, waited a good 20 minutes whilst I got the medicine, nobody came to ask for parking fee. No attendent in site.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe when the sun isn't so strong :sun: :sun: :sun:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Seen on Hua Hin Today's Facebook page

๐Ÿ…ฟ๏ธ ๐—ฃ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ถ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—›๐˜‚๐—ฎ ๐—›๐—ถ๐—ป

The Hua Hin Municipal Council has initiated a pilot program to charge for parking on the streets surrounding Chatchai Market to improve parking availability for visitors.

The fees are in effect from 08:30 AM to 03:30 PM daily.

Here's a breakdown of the different parking fees.

#huahin #เธซเธฑเธงเธซเธดเธ™
Attachments
FB_IMG_1711254444469.jpg
(211.03 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I was there yesterday about 14.45. I saw that they had marked out some spaces, well, about 3 foots worth, parked up, went to the chemist, went to 7/11, went back to the car, drove away again. Didn't see any signs about parking, didn't see anyone collecting money, it just seemed business as normal.
Talk is cheap
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

caller wrote: โ†‘Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:22 pm I was there yesterday about 14.45. I saw that they had marked out some spaces, well, about 3 foots worth, parked up, went to the chemist, went to 7/11, went back to the car, drove away again. Didn't see any signs about parking, didn't see anyone collecting money, it just seemed business as normal.
Yes happened to me a couple of times too and once had to pay 10 baht to the very pleasant warden. I suppose it just depends where he is at the time if there is only one.