Plumber needed, water leaks

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Marcparc
Novice
Novice

Plumber needed, water leaks

Post by Marcparc »

Hi everyone, any recommendations for a plumber / handyman who can check water damage on walls in different places in my condo and find / fix route cause? Prefer someone who speaks some English.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Plumber / fixer

Post by joelle »

Marcparc wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:12 am Hi everyone, any recommendations for a plumber / handyman who can check water damage on walls in different places in my condo and find / fix route cause? Prefer someone who speaks some English.
Try them : Home Services by 3Con
https://www.facebook.com/3ConHomeServic ... tid=ZbWKwL
Marcparc
Novice
Novice

Post by Marcparc »

Thanks Joelle. Have you tried them?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Marcparc wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:04 pm Thanks Joelle. Have you tried them?
No but read positive comments on Hua Hin Ladies Facebook page
Marcparc
Novice
Novice

Post by Marcparc »

Great, thanks alot. I have reached out so will see what comes out of it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Plumber needed

Post by migrant »

We have a leak somewhere in our water lines. No visible water so it may be under some concrete. In the states plumbers have tools to discover this but I'm not familiar with any plumbers in HH that have.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Re: Plumber needed

Post by PeteC »

I would have the wife talk and explain directly to your water company. They should have people they can recommend that can handle hidden leaks like that.

We had the same problem over here in November. A man the water company recommended arrived with some kind of electronic device that can listen/detect leaks under concrete, and with a jack-hammer. Leak found in 5 minutes under 6" of concrete patio up against the house. A broken pvc elbow where the pipe went into the house. They say happens frequently when a house settles after years. Jack-hammered the spot and had the pvc elbow off and replaced in half an hour. What they didn't do was fill in the hole and repair the concrete. Had to get a separate contractor to do that.

He said he's busy 7 days a week with the same type problem so I'm sure your water company is the place to start and they have people they can recommend.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Examples per the above. I don't have a photo of the detection device he used. He did start though where the pipe(s) come out of the pump and followed the signal/noise along that particular pipe until it was the strongest where you see the hole next to the house. The pump and start of the pipe(s) is about 6-7 meters away from where the leak was found.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.56.41.png
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.56.41.png (346.13 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.57.21.png
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.57.21.png (431.96 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
phpgvavMBAM.jpg
phpgvavMBAM.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.57.53.png
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 01.57.53.png (431.39 KiB) Viewed 1742 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks Pete!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

PeteC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:07 pm A man the water company recommended arrived with some kind of electronic device that can listen/detect leaks under concrete, and with a jack-hammer.
Sounds a man whose number is worth keeping. I understand why he's very busy. Could you share his details? If not would you just PM them to me please?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 am
PeteC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:07 pm A man the water company recommended arrived with some kind of electronic device that can listen/detect leaks under concrete, and with a jack-hammer.
Sounds a man whose number is worth keeping. I understand why he's very busy. Could you share his details? If not would you just PM them to me please?
Going to be a big call out fee..........................
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

404cameljockey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:56 am
When you see me say "over here" CJ in a post, It means where I currently live in Rayong. :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You need the following:

https://www.kennards.com.au/for-hire/te ... ultrasonic

There are a couple of leads on that other BS website, one of them from Hua Hin, but no phone contact. It cost him 9,000 baht to have a bloke come from Bangkok, break up the floor and fix the leak.

I had the same thing happen at my house in Hua Hin. I was able to isolate which pipe it was and luckily could reach it by just digging under the house a bit. It is very common, mostly caused by a bit of settling and also nearly always at an elbow where the underground pipe turns upwards, fracturing the elbow.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

migrant wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:35 pm We have a leak somewhere in our water lines. No visible water so it may be under some concrete. In the states plumbers have tools to discover this but I'm not familiar with any plumbers in HH that have.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks! :cheers:
viewtopic.php?p=580208#p580208
Maybe get an answer in this topic link, you could always phone them and see if they can help
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Plumber needed, water leaks

Post by hhinner »

Found this in Hua Hin on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6759346473

In Thai, but your browser can translate.

No idea if good or bad.