Minibus/van to Bangkok

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
fft100
Professional
Professional

Minibus/van to Bangkok

Post by fft100 »

In the old days it was quite easy. There were minibuses every 30 minutes or hour from sa song road, or the side road near kasikorn bank and everything went to an area near victory monument.

Now, when I search, I see the medium size minivans (bigger than a commuter) from outside MV or bluport but only every 2 hours and a schedule of upto 4-5 hours. Mo chit (getting on BTS or MRT) would be ok but the southern bus station looks like the middle of nowhere unless I have missed an easy way to get to central BKK.

What has happened to the minibuses that left every 30 minutes. ? I need a day trip to bkk next week. Do they still go from anywhere
Green Nomad
Professional
Professional

Re: Minibus/van to Bangkok

Post by Green Nomad »

Suggest take the airport bus and airport link line to central BKK. About 4-5 hours, and hopefully safer.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Minibus/van to bangkok

Post by Dannie Boy »

The train service is quicker these days - not sure whether the timing would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KanDoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KanDoo »

Aye, I quit the mini vans when the airport bus proved to be reliable and cheap. Overall might take a bit longer once you transit into BKK city but 1000 times safer.
buksida

Post by buksida »

A friend took the minibus from outside MV to Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and said it took five hours because it doubled up as a delivery van collecting and dropping packages on the way.

So it looks like we've gone backwards in terms of transport links and time from HH to BKK.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson