RIP Steve Wright

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

RIP Steve Wright

Post by pharvey »

Well, this is crappy news... In the car, in the workshop, the caf, the site canteen - he was always there - well, at least in the UK (though I kept listening to his show even whilst overseas where possible). He was treated like utter cr@p by the BBC in recent years IMO and they should hang their heads in shame. Loads followed and tried to copy his format but haven't come close....

R.I.P. Sir - You were A Class Act!! :thumb:

Steve Wright: BBC Radio 2 Presenter Dies Aged 69

"DJ Steve Wright, who presented programmes for BBC Radio 1 and Radio 2 for more than four decades, has died at the age of 69.

His family confirmed his death "with deep sorrow and profound regret" in a statement on Tuesday.

Wright joined the BBC in the 1970s and went on to host the afternoon shows on Radio 1 and Radio 2.

He also fronted television programmes for the BBC, including Top of the Pops.

Wright was last on air on Sunday, hosting a pre-recorded special Valentine's Day edition of his Love Songs programme.

The DJ died on Monday. In a statement, his family said: "It is with deep sorrow and profound regret that we announce the passing of our beloved Steve Wright."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-68287707
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: RIP Steve Wright

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I remember "Steve Wright in the afternoon" in the eighties and it was so different to anything else on the radio at that time.
Sad news indeed!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: RIP Steve Wright

Post by thecolonel »

Remember Mr Angry?
Loved him...

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk