Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by pharvey »

If it's simply "just another avenue for corruption" as you say, there truly is something fundamentally wrong with the sport. Past saving?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Looking at the Premier Legue (in particular), I’d welcome a trial to see whether it reduces the lack of respect shown by many of the players towards the officials, knowing that they have temporarily let their team mates down (if it’s a 10 minute sideline ban) might go a long way to improving their behaviour? Regarding bad tackles, that’s going to be a lot more difficult to distinguish what might be considered a blue or a red card, so I see it being used much more for dissent than anything else!!
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

West Ham you're a disgrace. Surprised it wasn't 10 nil. A lengthy ban from the prem is deserved.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

United winning.

I've thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's football so far.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Spurs back in the Champion's League spot. :mrgreen:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yep. But that was a difficult game to watch. My brain said I wanted Villa to lose, but every fibre of my being was desperate for Man U not to win! I should be delighted with the result, but somehow I'd have been happier with a draw.
Why couldn't Villa have been playing someone irrelevant? Someone like - I don't know - Chelsea maybe...? :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:11 am Yep. But that was a difficult game to watch. My brain said I wanted Villa to lose, but every fibre of my being was desperate for Man U not to win! I should be delighted with the result, but somehow I'd have been happier with a draw.
Why couldn't Villa have been playing someone irrelevant? Someone like - I don't know - Chelsea maybe...? :laugh: :cheers:
Exactly my thoughts, EXACTLY! :thumb: :laugh:

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Somethings not right at West Ham, the players really threw in the towel. It does appear that Moyes is a bit isolated in his thinking and tactics right now. West Ham used to be a tough team to play against and I expected that being a derby, that is what we would see yesterday, but the players just weren't up for it. Arsenal were great, but they were allowed to be.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think Hodgson is of the mind, "Let me medically retire and not get sacked from the last job of my lifetime". I hope the bosses at Crystal Palace agree and give him the consideration and face saving.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Agree, let him go gracefully rather than sacked while he’s in hospital. I’m not a great fan of “Woy”, but nothing to be gained for club of him from an embarrassing sacking. Time to retire!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:33 pm Agree, let him go gracefully rather than sacked while he’s in hospital. I’m not a great fan of “Woy”, but nothing to be gained for club of him from an embarrassing sacking. Time to retire!!
He's had a few poor headlines over the years to say the least, pretty much panned in the press (as many are - especially football (and Ex-England) managers) with his speech impediment and his looks (an owl I seem to remember on front pages :roll: ). The abuse from so-called fans and media alike must be bloody awful and stressful - why on earth would he want to suffer it at his time in life (76 years old)? Surely he can't be concerned in the slightest financially - work on your health and family should be the priority Roy... Stuff the media, stuff Palace and the so-called fans - unfortunately, I believe he's too much of a gentleman to do (at least the latter).
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Without both our fullbacks today. :(

Fingers crossed, every game's a must win to try get them Champion's League games back next season. United peering over our shoulder, Villa still looking good...
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Fk sake. Hope it's another day of second half magic. The arse up. Villa up. Would be a really morale crushing day to lose at home to a bottom half team. We do have Johnson, Werner, Bentancur and Lo Celso as options on the bench which is a bloody nice change.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Meh. Rubbish.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Arsenal fkin flying this year! :cry:

Definite title contenders again.