Things That Wind Me Up Driving In Thailand

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
buksida

Re: Things That Wind Me Up Driving In Thailand

Post by buksida »

STEVE G wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:26 am Perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh, maybe that's the only way of making a living out of the business.
And while some corporation (CP probably) is adding to its bottom line by saving on its fuel bill, families are losing loved ones on the roads due to these mindless tossers forcing unnecessarily risky maneuvers on everyone else ... but maybe we shouldn't be too harsh ... :duck:

I'm pretty sure this new lane speed limit thing (seems to be in Phetchaburi only since I didn't see it anywhere else) is supposed to signal to these twats that they should be in the left lane if they have to drive at 50kph ... but TIT, nobody pays any attention to it ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

And while some corporation (CP probably) is adding to its bottom line by saving on its fuel bill, families are losing loved ones on the roads due to these mindless tossers forcing unnecessarily risky maneuvers on everyone else ... but maybe we shouldn't be too harsh ... :duck:
Yes, I agree it's dangerous but my point was that these drivers are probably doing it out of need and not because they decided to leave the Porsche at home that day and take the truck for a leisurely drive in the fast lane.
I can also imagine that a Thai commercial truck drivers life is pretty bad and they probably have very little sympathy for the likes of Bangkokians in expensive cars going on jaunts to the seaside, Farangs going to golf or anyone else who is not on the road to make a living.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:59 pm
Yes, I agree it's dangerous but my point was that these drivers are probably doing it out of need and not because they decided to leave the Porsche at home that day and take the truck for a leisurely drive in the fast lane.
I can also imagine that a Thai commercial truck drivers life is pretty bad and they probably have very little sympathy for the likes of Bangkokians in expensive cars going on jaunts to the seaside, Farangs going to golf or anyone else who is not on the road to make a living.
I think you’re giving the truck drivers too much credit - as has been posted by countless numbers of us, many are oblivious to any form of sensible driving- they’ve never been taught “road manners”, don’t appreciate what driving safely entails, it’s simply getting from A to B - possibly as quickly as possible, but definitely without due care and consideration for others!! I am of course referring to the majority of Thai drivers, but there are some good ones out there, regrettably just not enough of them!! Rant over.