Post Office gave my mail to someone else, options?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post Office gave my mail to someone else, options?

Post by 404cameljockey »

Hi all,

I went to my PO box at a main post office branch in HH and found one of the usual small white slips showing me that some registered or recorded mail had been delivered to me, you take the slip inside to sign for and receive the mail (letter, or package too large for the box). They should ask for proof of identity but never do.

The mail was not there, checking their record book they had allowed someone else to sign for and take the mail without presenting them the necessary slip authorizing them to take the mail. I saw their other record book with the (illegible) signature made by the person who took the mail. Whoever took the mail have had time now to return the mail (weeks) but have not done so. I have no idea what it was.

Their procedure is to place the customer's own white slip alongside a duplicate white slip in their book. Obviously there was no second slip in their book as I had it in my possession. They have no suggestion as to how to proceed. I have no idea what was delivered, probably some recorded mail from an overseas bank but maybe even a replacement debit card, I'm not missing any expected packages as far as I remember.

I don't know if I'm missing something important, but also want this bad performance to be punished.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do? Police?

:cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Post Office gave my mail to someone else, options?

Post by hhinner »

These people have previously been very helpful to me:

postalcare@thailandpost.com

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

hhinner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:28 pm These people have previously been very helpful to me:

Much appreciated :thumb:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

hhinner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:28 pm These people have previously been very helpful to me:

Update: these people gave me a very fast response saying that investigation is already underway. Don't know if it can achieve anything for my situation, but at least the spotlight is on HH Post Office now!

Thanks again. :thumb:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

404cameljockey wrote:

Update: these people gave me a very fast response saying that investigation is already underway. Don't know if it can achieve anything for my situation, but at least the spotlight is on HH Post Office now!

Thanks again. :thumb:
Good stuff! Image