Icon Siam/Bangkok River Cruise re-visited (with photos)

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Re: Icon Siam/Bangkok River Cruise re-visited (with photos)

Post by Big Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:26 pm That is very reasonable for a trip down the river with food and free-flow beer.
If I lived in Bangkok I'd be doing it every weekend!
Yes, it is very hard to complain at those prices. My biggest problem was the menu selection, but I left it too long booking for a trip at peak time - seafood doesn't suit me, but I'm a fussy git - the others loved it. Even then, there were a few dishes that I would eat, and I had more food than I needed. The July trip there was such a huge selection of food that I love, but I was too full to try a lot of it.

I'm not a drinker anymore, but my son truly put the free-flow to the test, and is well and truly passed. You'd soon learn to save your legs by booking deck 2.

All of that plus live cabaret and a river trip as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

joelle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:23 am If you don't mind my asking what phone does your son have ?
It is a Realme 8, but he's had it a while. I'd guess it has been superseded by now.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, 1,800฿/head, but we saw The Opulence while we were there. If you want to impress your friends, it must be a serious consideration. A beautiful boat, with excellent fixtures and fittings - we had a perfect view into the boat, and it looked very special. AFAIK, this is the newest vessel in the fleet.

https://en.theicity.com/viewCruise.jsp? ... tId=873925

Menu is at the bottom of the linked page.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:30 pm Free trip - food and beer on their own could easily exceed the cost of the ticket.
Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:35 pm
OK, 1,800฿/head, but we saw The Opulence while we were there. If you want to impress your friends, it must be a serious consideration. A beautiful boat, with excellent fixtures and fittings - we had a perfect view into the boat, and it looked very special. AFAIK, this is the newest vessel in the fleet.

https://en.theicity.com/viewCruise.jsp? ... tId=873925

Menu is at the bottom of the linked page.
STEVE G wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:26 pm
Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:25 am The cost this time was actually cheaper at 699฿/head, but we did book early. We had some friends just turn up about 10 days ago, and the paid 1500฿/head for the boat we were on in July...
That is very reasonable for a trip down the river with food and free-flow beer.
If I lived in Bangkok I'd be doing it every weekend!
I think even looking at the top prices of 1,800฿/head or a little above it has to be worth the trip even if only a one off - like for me and mine. Food and Free-Flow Beer at 699฿/head and STEVE G will have plenty of company and risk bumping into a "Happy Welshman" (or 2) and likely "Weary (of Welsh) LHG"!! :D

Love the report and photo's BB - something the LHG and I must try when back in Asia together. Seriously looking at a combined trip after seeing buksi's Japan/Korea reports and now this... :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:02 pm
joelle wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:23 am If you don't mind my asking what phone does your son have ?
It is a Realme 8, but he's had it a while. I'd guess it has been superseded by now.
:cheers: :thanks: I shall look it up
Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year