Poll: Would you be willing to donate to keep HHF online?

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.

Would you be willing to donate to keep HHF online?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:40 am

Yes
85%
No
8%
Maybe (please specify conditions)
8%

Total votes: 26

joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Poll: Would you be willing to donate to keep HHF online?

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am
joelle wrote:How many active members are there in total, not talking about the private forum ?
As the cost has not been specified, how much is one supposed to donate ?
To some extent it depends on your financial position, but we’ve seen a figure of B3,000 quoted, probably B1,000 would be a good start or anything in between?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Surely it would depend on the initial cost divided by the number of active members to get a more to reality figure ??
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

joelle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:22 am How many active members are there in total, not talking about the private forum ?
There are not many active members despite the figures below and it is a hard number to quantify. Anything is appreciated, even 500 baht will go towards keeping the forum afloat.

Some who hardly use the forum may donate a large amount while others on it daily won't contribute, it is what it is, but there is no pressure on anyone. Consider this as more of a social experiment to see if the community wanted to keep this website running for a while longer.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Lev wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:37 am
joelle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:22 am How many active members are there in total, not talking about the private forum ?
There are not many active members despite the figures below and it is a hard number to quantify. Anything is appreciated, even 500 baht will go towards keeping the forum afloat.

Some that hardly use the forum will donate a large amount while others on it daily won't contribute, it is what it is.
But you still don't specify the running cost
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

The running costs are $200-$300 per year for hosting, domain names, and cloud space. This does not include software upgrading, security, site maintenance, or additional functionality development.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’ve made a reasonable contribution on the basis that I want to keep the Forum alive as it’s proved invaluable over the years. I trust that Lev and whoever controls the finances will keep any contributions specifically to cover the outgoings - if this exercise keeps it going for a number of years, that’ll be something less to worry about.

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Lev wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:44 am The running costs are $200-$300 per year for hosting, domain names, and cloud space. This does not include software upgrading, security, site maintenance, or additional functionality development.
Which mounts to ? Roughly?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:48 am I’ve made a reasonable contribution on the basis that I want to keep the Forum alive as it’s proved invaluable over the years. I trust that Lev and whoever controls the finances will keep any contributions specifically to cover the outgoings - if this exercise keeps it going for a number of years, that’ll be something less to worry about.

I don't doubt that at all
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

joelle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:48 am Which mounts to ? Roughly?
As said, there is no fixed figure for this, it depends on what issues we have with the software or server, what upgrades we want to do, what the developers and cybersecurity experts charge, and what is in the budget. We are not a corporation and cannot provide a fixed ledger for all of this as it is flexible and ongoing.

Those not comfortable with the situation can save themselves the worry and do not need to contribute.
kwajdiver
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kwajdiver »

I have a question.
Is this new private forum intended to replace the public forum?

I thought the intent of the contributions was to keep the current forum active.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

kwajdiver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:41 am I have a question.

The private subforum is just a small section for contributors/donors so that we can share donation methods and update them on status/expenses/budgets etc.

The funding drive is intended to keep the public forum running so nothing will change there.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Lev wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:49 am
kwajdiver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:41 am I have a question.

The private subforum is just a small section for contributors/donors so that we can share donation methods and update them on status/expenses/budgets etc.

The funding drive is intended to keep the public forum running so nothing will change there.
:thanks: thanks for the clarifications
🎄🎅🤶🎄happy seasonal holidays
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Sorry Lev, I have probably missed it , can you advise The Thai Bank account details for pay in please, thanks
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Highflyer wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:32 am Sorry Lev, I have probably missed it , can you advise The Thai Bank account details for pay in please, thanks
Donation instructions are all in the private forum, which you have access to. Thanks.
viewtopic.php?t=41763
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I'm interested in contributing but the link above does not work for me. What is the bank info. so, I can contribute?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

brianks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:56 am I'm interested in contributing but the link above does not work for me. What is the bank info. so, I can contribute?
The funding forum is private and accessible by request only for security purposes, we have now added you. All instructions are within.

NOTE: Please do not ask for bank details on the public forum. You can use this thread to request access to the private forum to arrange donations and get updates on progress.

NOTE2: Those who have been granted access but have not contributed will be removed from the private forum after a set time to prevent data leaks and be fair to genuine donors.

We thank everyone again for their support.