Premier League 2023-24

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2023-24

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:25 am
Lost wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:41 am Tottenham have noone to be afraid of this season.
There you go again - premature ejaculation!! :laugh:
:laugh: :thumb:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:29 pm Beautiful no-lose situation in the upcoming game before the international break.

* Arsenal win, we stay top.

* A draw we stay top.

* City win, the arse lose and we become the only remaining unbeaten side in the prem.

COYS. :D

:cheers:
Whilst it makes very little difference, had Arsenal won by 2 or more goals they’d have gone top on goal difference, but as has been said on countless occasions before, let’s see whose top come May?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It's interesting to see that Tottenham seems to be performing better without Kane. Other players coming into their own and showing their potential when perhaps before they couldn't. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The departure of Kane (and others) coincides with the arrival of a number of new players so it’s not as straightforward as saying one player has been the sole difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:37 pm It's interesting to see that Tottenham seems to be performing better without Kane. Other players coming into their own and showing their potential when perhaps before they couldn't. :cheers:
If we had Kane with Ange ball, I'd say we were favourites for the league. Now we're not of course but I'm very confident we'll be back in the champs league. Kane showed he could fit in with Ange's style of play by banging in 4 goals in his last game. We've the highest big chances (expected goals) created in the league yet were only joint 4th in goals scored. With Kane, we'd be first in goals scored.

It's a big shame he left, this could have been the year he lifted a trophy with us. We're not performing better due to Kane's absence, we're better because of Ange's tactics and Udogie, van De Ven, bissouma, maddison and Sarr playing.

Kane in this team would have made us immense.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

United will get a lift from that spursy comeback. Chelsea will be in the top 4 by Christmas. City will have Rodri back soon and, later, De Bruyne. Liverpool are strong again albeit a poor showing this weekend.

Though Tottenham have played pool, United and arse the rest of the 5 teams are the bottom 5 of the league I believe.

Gonna be interesting.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I don't think there's any players Spurs got rid of who turned into superstars. Can't think of many for other top teams either except Chelsea.

They owned both Salah and De Bruyne but let them go. :shock:

Can the footie fans here think of any other regrettable sales from clubs.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:27 pm Can the footie fans here think of any other regrettable sales from clubs.
Pat Jennings (before your time; look him up! :laugh: )
Sol Campbell

Both from Spurs to Arsenal :( :(
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Big Ange took manager of the month again. Sonny takes the player of the month. 4/4 so far for Spurs.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Fortunately, James Maddison is better with a ball than he is with a water bottle.

Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Lost wrote:Big Ange took manager of the month again. Sonny takes the player of the month. 4/4 so far for Spurs.
Seems that Spurs are flying high and playing free flowing football. Fans and players loving the way they have reached the summit with 20 points.

On the other hand, Arsenal have not been great to watch and there are worries where their goals will come from this season…..it’s been a labored journey to reach 20 points so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Liverpool started the day with a 2-0 win over arch rivals Everton and in doing so, topped the league for a very short time. As I type this, City are 2-0 up against Brighton and will head to the top assuming they end up winning, although later in the day, Arsenal get a chance to go top if they beat Chelsea and then on Monday, Spurs get a chance to go back on top if they win against Fulham - exciting times!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Back to top of the league. Should have been more. That first half was electric! COYS
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Antonio Conte. Didn't think Bissouma or Sarr were good enough. Refused a chance to sign Maddison and insisted on playing Dier.

Absolute fraud of a manager. Ange is elite.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

They might have escaped relegation last season, but if this actually happens, I can’t see any way how Everton would avoid it this season!!
https://www.gbnews.com/sport/everton-premier-league