Retirement Visa Extension and Wise (Transferwise)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Re: Retirement Visa Extension and Wise (Transferwise)

Post by Big Boy »

I apologise, I must have misread your original question. I thought you were asking if the Wise documentation would be accepted by Immigration.

My bank in Thailand is Kasikorn. Wise (TransferWise at the time) on 5 separate occasions sent my money to Bangkok Bank. OK, on each occasion Bangkok Bank sorted the problem themselves and sent the money on to Kasikorn without me even realising it had gone wrong. However, when I requested my Credit Advice from Kasikorn, on each occasion they said can't do. The international transfer was from Wise to Bangkok Bank. Bangkok Bank were actually very good about it (Bluport Branch would not help), and the branch outside Market Village were excellent. They even phoned me when the document arrived, and I was queue jumped when I went to collect.

Don't worry, the Credit Advice method is IMHO the simplest way to extend your visa. You retain full control of your cash.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

PJG wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:06 pm Credit Advice not free at Bankgok Bank. They charge B100.
I signed up to receive them for every Wise transaction, in the Bangkok Bank BluPort branch, they’re sent by email automatically, and without charge, moments after the deposit is received.

I have never been charged a fee for them via this route, maybe if you request a stand alone you will get charged.

I do find the whole proving your income system tiresome, with numerous methods of proving your transaction’s required, but it is what it is, we’re not going to change it.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Didn't know about that. I use Bluport Branch and get charged B100 when I request a Credit Advice. Had a row with them last year, they wanted B500 for a year's worth of Credit Advice's
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know from other friends with Bangkok Bank that you can sign up to receive them automatically. It is a shame Kasikorn don't offer the same service.

Points 48; Position 20
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

PJG wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:28 pm Didn't know about that. I use Bluport Branch and get charged B100 when I request a Credit Advice. Had a row with them last year, they wanted B500 for a year's worth of Credit Advice's
My monthly bank wire transfers from my bank in the US arrive in my Bangkok Bank savings account. Years ago, when I first started using the monthly transfer method to renew my Non-OA visa, they would charge me 500 baht for 12 months worth of Credit Advice Receipts. Then I learned of (and signed up for) the free service where they automatically email each Credit Advice Receipt to me within 30 minutes of each foreign transfer arriving in my account. Now I get an automatic SMS text message immediately when the transfer arrives in my account, then 30 or 35 minutes later I receive the automated email with attached Credit Advice Receipt. I had to go into the bank and request to be signed up for each of these two services (the automated SMS text msg and the automated Credit Advice Receipt email). At Immigration renewal time I take all 12 Credit Advice Receipts plus the bank letter signed by the bank manager plus a photocopy of my bank book showing 12 months of account history. This has worked perfectly for me for many years now. I’ve learned that I must update my bank book at least once every 3 months, if I wait longer than 3 months they don’t print a complete record of all account transactions in my bank book. Since I started doing it this way, the only fee I am charged by Bangkok Bank is 100 baht for the bank letter signed by the bank manager.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:32 pm I know from other friends with Bangkok Bank that you can sign up to receive them automatically. It is a shame Kasikorn don't offer the same service.
Do your friends just take copies of the bank emails to immigration when they apply for visa extension and they're accepted by the IO? I always make sure Krungsri put a bank rubber stamp on all the monthly income letters and full yearly statement so it looks (and is) authentic.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The I/O simply accepts the Credit Advice printed directly from the e-mail.

Points 48; Position 20
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Went into Bangkok Bank Bluport Branch yesterday to request the email service for Credit Adhices. Got the usual Thai first response ' can not do'. After me insisting it could be done guess what, someone senior was called over and it was all sorted. Why is any service process in Thailand so stressful. Reminds me of the first response when you ask for anything in Homepro ' no have'