Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Best long-term "unlimited" internet SIM deals

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Update following AIS shop visit

My opening gambit was I want to buy 2 of these packages - pointing to the web page on my phone. She looked, and said sorry, out of stock.

Plan B - Can I order 2? No, sorry, only available from our online web page.

Plan C - Can you please show me how to order online because I'm too thick to make it work.? She took my phone, and I watched her going through the same initial steps both I and my DIL went through. She then hit the same brick wall, which gave me some satisfaction. After about 15 minutes, she made a phone call and advised it wasn't working because they were out of stock, and unlikely to replenish. Wow - what a brilliant web page that leads everybody on, but doesn't actually deliver.

Plan D - I didn't have a Plan D, so had to think on my feet. I tell her SIM 2 expires on 28 Sept, and ask what can I do? She says you can extend for one more year. Really? says I, how much? (remembering thecolonel had been asked for a lot). She looked it up on her tablet, and said 1800฿. This was just 10฿ more than a new SIM - result (I have the 15Mb version BTW, so a little more expensive). I'm a happy bunny.

Such a shame the package has been discontinued though.
Replying to this and your previous post re me being "conned"

Good memory, close... but no cigar!

I happily and willingly paid more (with AIS directly) because for various reasons I wanted to keep my number

I pay 200/month for everything all included no limits or slow down all calls 15mbps speed on monthly rolling basis

It was about 40 baht more pcm than previous(annual) deal but it's still a cracking deal. Not as good yours... subject to rest of your T&C's?

I would prefer an annual(cheaper) deal but not sure they would let me convert from mine to yours. Yours was an 'extension'

What is your package name please?

Thanks

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

What's the latest on these annual internet SIM deals? I noticed the True one we switched to has been hiked 50% from last year's prices now (probably following AIS's lead). The AIS one is now 2,200 but they've halved the data limit to 50GB.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After a lot of huffing and puffing on my part, I walked into AIS last year and renewed for about 3฿ than the previous year. I will obviously watch to see how you go, but I hope to renew again this year.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 pm After a lot of huffing and puffing on my part, I walked into AIS last year and renewed for about 3฿ than the previous year. I will obviously watch to see how you go, but I hope to renew again this year.
I pay 373 baht per month at AIS for what seems to be the exact same service that Verizon was charging me $124 a month for back in the US. I will never complain.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but if you read back through this thread you will see how much more you are paying than me, and I receive unlimited phone calls and almost unlimited high speed Internet for my money (from memory, about 1/3rd of what you are paying).
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

4,500 baht per year is more than double what most of these annual internet SIMs cost. Will see if we can extend the AIS one on the same package (15Mb/100GB).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

This is what is offered on the AIS app:
Attachments
PSX_20240420_111537.jpg
PSX_20240420_111537.jpg (39.28 KiB) Viewed 1411 times