Same day alcohol test

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Same day alcohol test

Post by Gregjam »

Due to an oversight I did not get alcohol included in my annual drug test the other day at a hospital in Bangkok. This was the usual test from a sample of urine and the result can back within hours of providing the sample.
It came as no surprise that when I approached both San Pauloand Bangkok hospitals here I was quoted a minimum of three days which is not much use when I fly in a couple of days. I also asked the lab in Pala U road near big C with a similar response.
Is there a lab or clinic in Hua Hin where I could get this test done without waiting for days for the result?
Is there a self test kit that you can buy at a local pharmacy (I plan to ask tomorrow morning at a few).
It is not a major problem that would force me to go to Bangkok just for the test but I foresee getting one of those cheap non-evidential breath or swab testers just to demonstrate due diligence as testing for alcohol when I am on leave is a debatable subject.
While I am sure I could find a friendly BIB to do a test for a price I have no intention of going down that path.
Thanks for any responses be they helpful, entertaining or otherwise.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: Same day alcohol test

Post by Gregjam »

It seems the answer is no which comes as no surprise. Turns out an audit is in the offing hence company being slightly anal. Parted with just over two thousand baht at San Paulo for a blood test with the result in three days by email which ticks the box.