Mini trip to Prachuap town

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Mini trip to Prachuap town

Post by usual suspect »

I'm thinking of doing a visit to Pratchuap town..
..Have any of you got any reccomendations for hotels within the town that are not to noisy..?
Also..Nightlife..? I've heard the place shuts down about 8.00!..Are there any 'entertainment venues' dotted around for farangs..?
(or do folk simply retire to their rooms after eating?)
Any useful hints/info welcomed...T i a.
buksida

Re: Mini trip to Pratchuap town

Post by buksida »

Prachuap Beach hotel is central and within walking distance of the pier and night market.

There are a couple of restaurants along the seafront but no nightlife that I'm aware of in the town.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Mini trip to Pratchuap town

Post by joelle »

Sun Beach Hotel, very nice and quiet
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Mini trip to Prachuap town

Post by joelle »

Also Hadthong hotel, reasonable price, nice rooms and good location
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:Also Hadthong hotel, reasonable price, nice rooms and good location
We usually stay at the Hadthong. It has a pool and breakfast buffet. It's restaurant is newer than the rest of the hotel and overlooks the beach. Under cover parking is very limited (at the beach side of the hotel) and there is outdoor parking across the street on the town side (this has overnight security guard). The hotel rooms are let down somewhat by the rather dim and small bathrooms which could do with a bit of redecoration, but the beach-side rooms do have small balconies and a great view.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

.Are there any 'entertainment venues' dotted around for farangs..?
You could ask one of these guys; they keep an eye on the local attractions! :shock:

phrachuap tourist adiser.jpg
phrachuap tourist adiser.jpg (49.32 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Many thanks to you all for the suggestions/hints...I'll take a ride down there next week & have a mooch around..?
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Just had a day out down that way at Dan Singkhon
stopped for lunch at Fujisan Japanese Resto in Prachuap
well worth a try...
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just had a weekend at Prachuap, staying at the Haad Tong Hotel - we had the place to ourselves as there was virtually nobody there. The hotel is a little dated, but there is a pool and basic breakfast for 1,200 a night. The advantage is that it is very close to the weekend night market so no need to drive anywhere and fight for a parking spot.

The market has improved a lot since my last visit with much more food, clothing, and general Thai market stuff. It was nice sitting on the seafront wall in the evenings but there is very little else to do after dark. Also spent an afternoon at Ao Manao which has retained its charm, also very quiet though for a weekend.

One thing I did notice was that there is still a mask obsession in Prachuap town and 80% of people are still wearing them which isn't the case elsewhere. I've never understood the mentality of people driving alone in their cars with a mask on, or walking or cycling along an empty beachfront road wearing one.

I tried to get an appointment in the hospital for a checkup but the queues were horrific and I didn't want to waste my weekend so gave up and went for a beer instead!

Definitely worth a weekend there if you want to 'get away from it all'.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Just a couple of comments re your post - first was that on my bicycle ride this last weekend that goes past the hotels near the beach between the Springfield, Veranda, Centara, Regent and Radisson etc, the car parks were all noticeably empty compared to most weekends - not sure where the Bangkokians were? Second, almost everywhere I go to locally, the majority of Thais are still wearing masks, be that in shops, in their cars or just walking!!

Regarding your visit, sounds like a reasonable way to spend a night or two!!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ I expect the Bangkokians will be back this upcoming long weekend.