Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Dannie Boy »

If it was, then fortunately it was only the very tail of it, as the wind was not that strong - hopefully it’s heading away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It’s looking ominously dark towards Hua Hin, there’s plenty of thunder and lightning but at the moment no rain where we live!!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

raining here on soi 6
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Likewise here now - fairly heavy and strong winds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've been sat on the porch watching the fork lightning grounding North of the city. Rain reached Soi 94 about 10 minutes ago.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

At last!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

First rain in Hin Lek Fai Moo1 this year 17mm. Thank you
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It was quite intense for 30 minutes or so and more thunder and lightning than I can remember for ages - we’ll soon have green grass again 😁
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Clouds are building in the West again today, perhaps this is the start of the traditional rainy season?
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

DB lucky you, the grass down here look rather , hmm, almost on its last legs,,,
NOKYAI, its only been doing that for about a week now, where we are i look out almost to the ranges that are the Myanmar border
last year Jan _ Now we used to get very often amazing light shows out that way, very often and even some rain,
i had to wiki it to refresh my memory as to what rain is
Last night, it thundered and lightning down south Sam Roi Yot way and up HH way
here i had a brilliant view of Venus and dozens of other stars
luck of the draw ....
buksida

Post by buksida »

It appears to be isolated showers at the moment, which is an early wet season pattern. It murdered down here in BS yesterday for a couple of hours, the most rain we've had all year.

I'm hoping this year's rainy season is much shorter than the 8 months of it we had last year!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Happy to take a couple of months off you...
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

As per every year, the SW Monsoon will not arrive here before India, where they are predicting a late arrival.

https://www.skymetweather.com/content/w ... n-june-07/

THE EXPECTED ONSET OF SOUTHWEST MONSOON 2023 OVER KERALA ON JUNE 07

May 16, 2023 5:06 PM | Skymet Weather Team

The onset date of the Southwest Monsoon over Kerala this year is expected on 07th June with an error margin of +/- 3 days. The onset will be delayed and the advancement slightly sluggish over Peninsular India. Hot weather will continue deep into June this year over central and northern parts of the country. This may not augur well for Kharif sowing.

A powerful cyclone 'FABIEN' is moving over the South Indian Ocean in the equatorial latitudes, abeam Southern Peninsula. The hurricane-strength weather system will take nearly one week to clear the area. This monster storm is restricting the cross-equatorial flow and the build-up of the Monsoon stream. Also, the Arabian Sea continues to host an anticyclone over the central parts in the lower levels of the atmosphere. This acts as a deterrent for the smooth streaming of Monsoon flow from the Arabian Sea to the West Coast. Other pertinent features are also not likely to get aligned with the desired wind pattern over the next 10 days or even more. There are no visible signs of establishing typical low-level jet (LLJ) of westerly winds, considered essential for the onset of Monsoon.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Than you Nereus - I have followed you for very many years as to when the monsoon is expected and thus our rain too afterwards.

I suggest others follow your words of knowledge
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PET wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:50 am Than you Nereus - I have followed you for very many years as to when the monsoon is expected and thus our rain too afterwards.

I suggest others follow your words of knowledge
Although Nereus is no doubt right about the monsoon, typically there is always rain before the full monsoon hits - this happens almost every year!!