Myths, Legends, Ghosts.... AND UFO's!!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
pharvey

Myths, Legends, Ghosts.... AND UFO's!!

Post by pharvey »

There's recently been a few programs on UK TV which have brought back a lot of memories - no, I haven't seen "things" or been "taken", but after seeing "Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World" as a youngster, I was hooked on the whole thing!! And no, not into the whole bloke wearing a Bigfoot Costume, more into the likes of the Giza Pyramids (matching the Stars of Orion), the Bagdad Battery or the Crystal Skull(s) - no lost, not the movie!

We Celts have many "Myths and Legends", but from my time spent in Asia (Thailand, China, Japan mostly, but also India), there are many strong beliefs. Mostly I would say "Ghosts or Entities" and "Bad Karma". Going back years, when I was first married to the LHG, we went to Australia - in order to get to the restaurant we were meeting friends, we actually had to walk through a large graveyard! NOTE: we were walking a large pathway (road almost) well away from the graves.... Not a bloody chance! We had to take close to a 3 mile detour!! She believed we would be disturbing the graves of those we didn't know......

I picked up an injured kid from the street in China and was told I would have bad luck for the rest of my life because "she was evil..." WTF?

Some beliefs etc. are somewhat "happier" shall we say.....

Many on the Forum obviously know Thailand and have both travelled in Thailand/Asia, have Thai Wives/GF's - what are your experiences?

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Myths, Legends, Ghosts.... AND UFO's!!

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although my wife is typically superstitious of ghosts and the afterlife and declined the opportunity to buy a nice house in the UK because it was close to a church (with graveyard), doesn’t mind accompanying me when we go to my mum and dads grave in the UK to lay flowers and tidy the area up - including to get there, almost having to step on overgrown graves!!
pharvey

Re: Myths, Legends, Ghosts.... AND UFO's!!

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:41 am Although my wife is typically superstitious of ghosts and the afterlife and declined the opportunity to buy a nice house in the UK because it was close to a church (with graveyard), doesn’t mind accompanying me when we go to my mum and dads grave in the UK to lay flowers and tidy the area up - including to get there, almost having to step on overgrown graves!!
I think the point there is that you are heading towards "family" who will always protect you. The LHG is the same in that we can visit my Grandmother's and Grandfather's grave. Others have been cremated and ashes spread.

In China, MIL was buried, but as is tradition (ish), the "closest" family are named on the gravestone. I was named, much to the "disappointment" (shall we say) of many extended family - especially as my name obviously appeared in the Latin Alphabet rather than in Chinese.

MIL's and the LHG's belief is that in doing this, we can and will protect each other (in life or death).

[EDIT] Although, it has to be said seeing my name on a Gravestone hasn't helped my Nightmares....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.