R.I.P Raquel Welch

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
migrant
Addict
Addict

R.I.P Raquel Welch

Post by migrant »

Dead at 82. She was one of my first um, love interests
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: R.I.P Raquel Welch

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think my first memory of her was in the film 1 Million Years BC - assuming her “assets” were natural, she had a hell of a figure!! RIP
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I remember her earlier films very well. Could she act? Who cares!
I guess many younger than the members here will never have heard of her.

Not really sure how she made her money but she died leaving $40 million!

One of the last of the 'sex symbols' of the 60's.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

For those too young to know:

Golden Globe winner Raquel Welch dies aged 82

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-16/ ... /101981248

Raquel Welch, the actor whose sultry, curvaceous looks made her a leading sex symbol of the 1960s and 70s, has died at age 82, her manager has confirmed.

photos and video at the link........................
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

migrant wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 am She was one of my first um, love interests
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 am I think my first memory of her was in the film 1 Million Years BC
Indeed, and what interests/memories they were!! from my younger years (and of course video/TV repeats), there was "The Fantastic Voyage" , "The Three Musketeers" and there was always ‘Bedazzled’

I think the fact that she always seemed to have a self-deprecating sense of humour towards her "sex-symbol status" only added to her popularity.

RIP Raquel.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

pharvey wrote:
migrant wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:40 am She was one of my first um, love interests
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:05 am I think my first memory of her was in the film 1 Million Years BC
Indeed, and what interests/memories they were!! from my younger years (and of course video/TV repeats), there was "The Fantastic Voyage" , "The Three Musketeers" and there was always ‘Bedazzled’

I think the fact that she always seemed to have a self-deprecating sense of humour towards her "sex-symbol status" only added to her popularity.

RIP Raquel.....
I remember watching Fantastic Voyage when I was about 8 with Parents, and visiting Aunties and Uncles.

Suffice to say my Dad and Uncles were getting 'looks that could kill' from their wives! ImageImage

RIP

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk