Hua Hin Road Closures

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Hua Hin Road Closures

Post by Big Boy »

I'm quite happy to be corrected on my translation of this one, but there will be road closures to facilitate railway construction between 9pm and 4am on the following roads:

Soi 70

13 Feb 23
14 Feb 23
16 Feb 23

Soi 88

(Sorry, notification too late for yesterday)
8 Feb 23
10 Feb 23

Closed.jpg
Closed.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Road Closures

Post by Big Boy »

On the subject of road closures, I tried driving down the part of Soi 94 that resembles the surface of the moon this morning. The road was closed, and it looked as though they were repairing it again. If they are doing it properly, the road should be closed for a few days.

Points 48; Position 20
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dragonseeker »

soi 94 now open, looks like a pipe was laid in a trench across the road. Sadly not a renovation.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oh, not the much needed repair then. :banghead:

In fact, if they just laid a new pipe, give a week or 2 and that will result in another half dozen craters. Vehicles are already driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid the hazards.

TAT: How can we make Soi 94 a memorable experience? Lets make sure everybody who drives through gets a sore arse. All publicity is good publicity :cuss:

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I got caught out by the 94 closure this morning. It might have helped if they actually closed the road off at the entrance to the blocked section rather than have to do a U turn. Nice but not much chance of it happening here.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Gregjam wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:48 pm I got caught out by the 94 closure this morning. It might have helped if they actually closed the road off at the entrance to the blocked section rather than have to do a U turn. Nice but not much chance of it happening here.
You weren't the only one, it must have caught out a dozen people while I was there.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I got caught out by Soi 94 being closed earlier today at the railway crossing. I've just read it will be closed for a few days. If anybody sees it open again, please advise.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:09 pm I got caught out by Soi 94 being closed earlier today at the railway crossing. I've just read it will be closed for a few days. If anybody sees it open again, please advise.
I drove through the 94 rail crossing this afternoon. From west to east, then turned immediately right to head to Bluport. I see there is some new red brick work, or whatever, to smooth the the crossing of the actual lines. Still a bump to get up there though.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you for that - I'll be going that way tomorrow then :D

Points 48; Position 20