International courier

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Re: International courier

Post by Gregjam »

Perhaps I was a bit premature. The EMS package arrived in Southampton just over ten days after sending it. What had me worried was the six days it disappeared between leaving Thailand and arriving in the UK.
Looks like it will be okay for sending the next one after all.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

With my recent parcel, the UK post tracking site shows the parcel arriving in Southampton at 06:29 Sunday morning, but it hasn't been delivered yet. In reality, the parcel was received by my brother Monday morning. So it is the tracking site that is currently unreliable.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

thecolonel wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 am DHL - the booking in of the parcel (just an A4 size envelope) was so overly difficult and couldn't be completed for almost a week due technical difficulties

Both my son and I contacted support and got zero response

We took a flyer in the end (over a certain issue) and technical support finally responded to my son 3 days after the parcel got here(8 days in total). I got no response at all

Also having spent 45£ sending 4 pieces of paper and a couple of plastic bank cards you would have thought that having asked for my mobile number on the order that they would've texted me throughout the process to track parcel.

I never received one text

And the tracking all had to be done manually and the tracking number was quite unclear. I had to basically guess what it was based on a bunch of numbers of the receipt, none of which said tracking number or had a link

Very poor service

I would use Royal mail international tracked and signed in future wherever possible. However they have issues at the moment and are advising customers not to send stuff (are they on strike?)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
It’s been fairly widely reported that the Royal Mail suffered a cyber attack a few weeks ago, but apparently it’s now been resolved?
https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-and ... 99730.html
My son was turned away by Royal Mail 2 days ago

We used DPD in the end

Will advise if they turn up!

DPD took 8 days

Would've been 7 if I had answered my phone from unknown number!

Will use them in future as well as Royal mail international tracked and signed