Sports Streaming Sites Blocked?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Sports Streaming Sites Blocked?

Post by Big Boy »

A couple of years ago this news would have most likely devastated me. Thankfully, my use of these sites in recent times has been to identify what channel certain events are being screened on. I think I am getting about 95% of my sport legally these days, and would happily pay a fair fee for the other 5%, if a legal service was available. Certain sites are now displaying the following:

Blocked.png
Blocked.png (278.38 KiB) Viewed 647 times

I'm not sure how widespread this blockage is, but the recent AFF Cup Final fell into the 5% bracket. I had to overcome that by using Russian streaming site with my VPN set to the UK, and the service was accessed via YouTube. Basically, people will always find a way around it, so why don't they just sell the service at a fair price? This particular service was actually available free to air (basically if I had a TV aerial on the roof), but because I receive all of my TV legally across the Internet, there was a copyright issue - totally bonkers :banghead:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Sports Streaming Sites Blocked?

Post by caller »

Just tried my usual service and it was still broadcasting.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Re: Sports Streaming Sites Blocked?

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, some are, some aren't. My Russian/UK/YouTube route is still working well, not that I need it very often.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20