Buying online from Lazada

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:57 pm
Nereus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:18 pm I don't buy a lot from Lazada, but when I do it is very simple. If they do not provide COD, I wll not order.

They always give enough warning about when the delivery will be made to be able to ensure that I am home.
I will only use COD also.

Do you actually open everything, inspect it, switch it on, etc. while the delivery driver is there?
No, I don't open deliveries, just try and pick a seller that has good comments. Plus, I dont want to hold up the delivery boy, as they are trying to get around many places in a limited time.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

e-mail received, and as stated by VincentD a while back, the requested information is very intrusive - more than it used to be. I've sent it to get my money back, although had VincentD not had the same problem, I would have been very dubious.

Definitely the last time I order anything from Lazada in my own name.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:42 pm
Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 am VincentD, obviously it's your choice. Whilst it's a pain in the butt, and seems OTT, I've done it several times and it works very well.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They are making it very difficult to get a 326฿ refund. It must have taken me 15 minutes to get past the robots, and when I did, I wished I hadn't. The woman I was talking to was as thick as the proverbial short plank.

I explain that I have a refund due to me, which should come through my Lazada Wallet. When I try to activate my Lazada Wallet, I get this.

Wallet.png

Her first response is, "Activate your wallet."

I explain that was the purpose of my call - as a foreigner, I can not activate my wallet. This conversation would have made a great TV show comic sketch.

Well you can imagine, the emoji above was doing a very good impression of me. 45 minutes later, she told me to get off the chat, and somebody (brighter than her I hope) will contact me by e-mail within 2 days.

I am sure this story is to be continued.............................................
Years ago, when I first started using Lazada, I only used the COD option. Eventually I needed to do a return and encountered the same problem, money only credited to the Lazada Wallet, AND foreigners not eligible to activate their wallet. I suffered through the contact with Lazada customer service, supplied digital copies of passport and other relevant Thai bank account documents, and after 30 days (or more) eventually had the money credited to my Bangkok Bank savings account.

Because of this insanity, I stopped using COD, and configured my Lazada account with my Bangkok Bank visa debit card. Since then I’ve done at least a dozen returns, each has processed flawlessly, using just the “return” links / forms on their website. The return confirmation messages always references waiting for 30 days (or so) for the refund to occur, but in reality my account is always credited within a week (or 2 at most).

My Lazada experience became much much better when I stopped using COD and started using my debit card instead. Step into the light, be recognized (through your debit card) and start enjoying Lazada ;)
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I made the same experience. In the Covid time I changed from COD to Debit Card.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mine is also linked to a K-bank debit card, but I still choose COD when available (it wasn't an option with the recent TV purchase that we're still waiting for.)
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

My one Lazada experience was purchasing a massage table that never arrived. It took months to get a refund. If I can't get the product in Thailand, I'll do without. Nothing is worth the aggravation of dealing with online merchants.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Scout wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:34 am
Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:42 pm
Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:16 am VincentD, obviously it's your choice. Whilst it's a pain in the butt, and seems OTT, I've done it several times and it works very well.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They are making it very difficult to get a 326฿ refund. It must have taken me 15 minutes to get past the robots, and when I did, I wished I hadn't. The woman I was talking to was as thick as the proverbial short plank.

I explain that I have a refund due to me, which should come through my Lazada Wallet. When I try to activate my Lazada Wallet, I get this.

Wallet.png

Her first response is, "Activate your wallet."

I explain that was the purpose of my call - as a foreigner, I can not activate my wallet. This conversation would have made a great TV show comic sketch.

Well you can imagine, the emoji above was doing a very good impression of me. 45 minutes later, she told me to get off the chat, and somebody (brighter than her I hope) will contact me by e-mail within 2 days.

I am sure this story is to be continued.............................................
My Lazada experience became much much better when I stopped using COD and started using my debit card instead. Step into the light, be recognized (through your debit card) and start enjoying Lazada ;)
I second that and don't use COD anymore, much easier and quicker to get refund via credit card
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nice if you can afford a Thai Credit Card :bow: :bow:

Points 51; Position 21
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am Nice if you can afford a Thai Credit Card :bow: :bow:
Or using a debit card 8) :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'll just order COD using Mrs BB's name in future. I am uneasy giving Debit or Credit Card details to anybody in Thailand. Hence my horror when they want to know everything except my inside leg measurement to refund my money. Actually, my inside leg measurement would have been a lot less intrusive.

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not Lazada, but I've talked previously about difficulties with deliveries after having paid up front for goods e.g. being sent a photograph of where they have delivered, and being told to go fetch. No thank you.

[Edit]:

My package being delivered somewhere.

hat.png
hat.png (48.57 KiB) Viewed 357 times

Points 51; Position 21
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I had my first major hic-up with Lazada. Ordered a Xmas present for my grandson. The original advert stated delivery by 17th in time for xmas. However, after placing the order, it was marked 'packed' and remained that way for a week while the delivery date was extended day by day to the 27th. On looking at their current ad, it stated delivery by 23rd.
The chat response was always "Your product will be delivered in 1 to 6 working days."
Unable to cancel at this time and could find no info of the store (Telephone number, location etc) so my daughter phoned Lazada. They pointed out that this company is not even in Thailand so the delivery times were just to attract orders. To cut a long story short, Lazada cancelled the order today. I had a quick search for the (RC digger) and found it locally on FB. Ordered. They then sent videos/pictures showing it being tested, packed, labelled and guaranteed we will get it tomorrow. 50 baht more than the price on Lazada. So instead of 1,300 it'll be 1,350 - no big deal.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are companies that purport to be in Thailand but are not. Using their advert for clickbait and once ordered, the delivery time is extended daily.

Lesson to be learned - always check the reviews, if any - check if the company has any physical contact details. On this occasion I never did.
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

Having so far, good outcomes from buying from Lazada, Im interested in the " Lazada Experts " on here
take on this item advertised
i realise the seller has NO Sellers Ratings, so is this a BIG RED FLAG, or could he be a new seller ?
appreciate your comments.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/celes ... hf&stock=1
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not a telescope buff, but is this the same thing available from Lazada at half the price and a seller rating of 100%? Apologies if it's different.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nexst ... 5tEALw_wcB

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Ah, I see now - 1 is 4SE and 1 is 8SE, sorry.

Points 51; Position 21