Blender for Smoothies - Recommendations?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Blender for Smoothies - Recommendations?

Post by HHTel »

There are a multitude of high power blenders. One of the most recommended is the Vitamix with 3.2KW.
There are many reviews that state a good blender as being at least 1.5KW.
There are blenders that range from 400 to 5KW and more. It's really down to choice and what you expect from it. It's said that the lower the wattage then the higher likelihood of the motor burning out over time.

The point of my post is that 4.5KW could well be true. If assuming that to be a typo for 450 watts, bearing in mind it's capability, doesn't make sense.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

At 2400 watts, this blender claims to be one of the most powerful in the market, so as I said before, almost double seems very unlikely!!
https://froothie.co.uk/introducing-the- ... QUQAvD_BwE
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Vitamix - 3.2KW (Top recommendation on many sites) - Made in the US ,Ohio
Kenwood Heavy Duty 3KW - 5KW - Made in China (Previously made in the UK)
Silver Crest - Made in Germany > 5KW
There are many more but I'm bored now.

Silver Crest (I assume the China Variety) goes from 3KW - 8KW

N.B. There are several manufacturers that claim to have the 'most powerful on the market!)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

One could always do research by going to shops that make smoothies and inquiring about the make and model of blender they use.

I have a cheap 400w. Tefal that I use to make Hummus and that's thicker than any smoothie. Dump in a can of chickpeas, 2 tbl. water, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper, let it run for a few minutes and that's it. Smooth and no lumps.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yeh I have a cheapie and it's fine for my needs. Grinds coffee beans, mixes batter etc. I haven't used it for heavier stuff though.
At the end of the day, it comes down to choice.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:02 pm One could always do research by going to shops that make smoothies and inquiring about the make and model of blender they use.
You will find that most use the model I recommended, and Ratsima now has.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Still The Champ

Post by Ratsima »

We hadn't used this old Philips blender in months. We bought it when I retired and we moved to Thailand in 2005. We keep it at our condo in Cha Am where it doesn't get much use. Last week my wife decided she wanted a smoothies, so she hauled it out. She put a ten ounce cup of ice in the container followed by a small carton of fruit juice, a tub of yogurt and a very large banana. She hit the slow speed button (1 of 3) and fifteen seconds later she had a perfect, smooth-as-silk smoothie; enough for two ten ounce cups.
blender1.jpg
(278.04 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
• No need for high speed.
• No need for pulsing.
• No need for stirring.
• No cavitation on the blade.

Although The Beast (Silver Crest) that I bought a few months ago is good, it can't match the performance of this old Philips.

I have no idea why it works so well for smoothies. Perhaps it's the blade design? Or, the shape of the container? It only draws 500 watts, but works so very well.
blender2.jpg
(319 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
blender3.jpg
(232.92 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
blender4.jpg
blender4.jpg (168.4 KiB) Viewed 117 times