'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
bigston
Guru
Guru

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by bigston »

Had 2 online booked "appointments" for yesterday for visa extension
stupid me didn't realise that it was the day after a LOOOOONG holiday weekend when i booked them
so people a plenty
Madam Lash at the information counter skimmed all the docos, im sure they were way over the requirements, photocopies etc
but she insisted on a copy of the "bank book "
the 6 months of statements and un updated transaction passbook, were not enough
the photo copy hole in the wall had a queue stretching half way to Cambodia
we'll try again....
just a heads up basically about the
copy of bank book requirement...... might save some time and angst...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you read my report from a month ago, you'll see mine had to be copied, but the guy sat beside didn't need his bank book copied, It all depends on who is sat in front of you on the day :?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If I have 800,000 bht in a bank fund, for 3 months prior to my visa renewal, can I change from marriage to retirement this year, or do I have to wait a year until the money has been in the fund 3 months before and 2 months after the renewal date?
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

bigston wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am Had 2 online booked "appointments" for yesterday for visa extension
stupid me didn't realise that it was the day after a LOOOOONG holiday weekend when i booked them
so people a plenty
Madam Lash at the information counter skimmed all the docos, im sure they were way over the requirements, photocopies etc
but she insisted on a copy of the "bank book "
the 6 months of statements and un updated transaction passbook, were not enough
the photo copy hole in the wall had a queue stretching half way to Cambodia
we'll try again....
just a heads up basically about the
copy of bank book requirement...... might save some time and angst...
Do we now have to book appointment for retirement extension? That's eventually new info for me, thought I still only could meet up and step forward when my time comes in the queue :o
Btw, the "copy of bank book" is that generally whatever proof of income we provide, I use the embassy letter and have never had to show a copy of "bank book" :?
hahuahin
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

No you dont..
someone did book a time i believe on the immigration website
but on arriving the pre booked appointment time would have been just as much of a shambles ,
just must have been another of those days...
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

bigston wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:34 pm No you dont..
someone did book a time i believe on the immigration website
but on arriving the pre booked appointment time would have been just as much of a shambles ,
just must have been another of those days...
Thanks for replying.

aha so all in the plan and the next reason to be rejected an application, documents ok, no booking comeback when you have :( :wink:
hahuahin
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

I have 2 "prebooked " appointments tomorrow for 2 separate persons, i realize i dont need to book them..
i will also be taking approximately 5 trees worth of paper
so it will be interesting how farcical the prebooked appointments turn out
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

No one knows how long an appointment will take, so booking a time seems pointless.
There aren't any appointments for anything, that I know of, in Thailand. Not counting embassies.
Oh wait, my dentist books appointments and keeps quite close to the time. Drs. are just show up and wait your turn.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:12 pm No one knows how long an appointment will take, so booking a time seems pointless.
There aren't any appointments for anything, that I know of, in Thailand. Not counting embassies.
Oh wait, my dentist books appointments and keeps quite close to the time. Drs. are just show up and wait your turn.
You're absolutely right. I was there today for retirement extension and re-entry and if there were any online queue, I did not get any question, message or info about booking appointment. However, to start with the positive even with relatively many people there with different visa issues I was from arrival to departure finished in 50 minutes. No question about copy of bank book but IO wanted to see it which in itself surprised me :o , but I think it is due to more a kind of in-----ty complex than standard rule change. Ok I had a bank book in my little folder that has not been used / updated in about a year when I got a new one from my bank, which I told them, and when that is good enough it speaks for itself.......

A little disappointed with my own feelings after a relatively simple hour of bureaucracy here and relatively quickly done. In the past (a few years ago) I could, if nothing else, feel a little relief and a touch of excitement to be, if for nothing else, "financially accepted" for another year, but in recent years I think this is becoming more and more demoralizing for every year that passes. :|
hahuahin
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Hahuahin wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:45 pm
handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:12 pm No one knows how long an appointment will take, so booking a time seems pointless.
You're absolutely right. I was there today for retirement extension and re-entry and if there were any online queue, I did not get any question, message or info about booking appointment. However, to start with the positive even with relatively many people there with different visa issues I was from arrival to departure finished in 50 minutes. No question about copy of bank book but IO wanted to see it which in itself surprised me :o , but I think it is due to more a kind of in-----ty complex than standard rule change. Ok I had a bank book in my little folder that has not been used / updated in about a year when I got a new one from my bank, which I told them, and when that is good enough it speaks for itself.......

A little disappointed with my own feelings after a relatively simple hour of bureaucracy here and relatively quickly done. In the past (a few years ago) I could, if nothing else, feel a little relief and a touch of excitement to be, if for nothing else, "financially accepted" for another year, but in recent years I think this is becoming more and more demoralizing for every year that passes. :|
hahuahin
The whole process of dealing with the prevailing attitudes gets old. The pointlessness
of regulations and the lack of intelligence is wearying. I'm practicing smiling for my next yearly renewal in November. This year I'll switch to a retirement visa and save about 30 pages of paperwork and not have to return to the office to pick up my passport.
Everything here is about money.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I tried the booking system for the re-entry and got a blank look when telling them I had an appointment.
handdrummer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:55 am This year I'll switch to a retirement visa and save about 30 pages of paperwork and not have to return to the office to pick up my passport.
Everything here is about money.
Wish I could do the same, but haven't reached that magic age yet!

Until then ... a world of paperwork and aggro every year ... same as the past 20+ years ... :banghead:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

Bangkok Bank have recently introduced a free service whereby you can request a twelve month statement via their Bualuang i Banking mobile banking App, a properly formatted statement is delivered by email in less than 30 mins.

I do wonder if these statements would be accepted by our friendly Immigration Officers, or would they require that we order, and pay for, an identical statement from a branch to present with the credit advices and bank book and copies, containing the same information, along with a covering letter.

I think I know the answer, why make it easier for the applicant when they can do otherwise.

My next extension isn't until next April when I think I'll buy a statement via my branch, but also obtain one via their application, which I'll present first to test the water.
bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

Got there nice and early, knowing the prebooked appointment idea was just another way to keep someone employed.
place deserted
yippee this will be quick
until
the letter from the bank certifying that i have an account was 9 days old, no more than 7 days permitted
off to the bank, Krungsi, most polite helpful and quite quickly back to Immigration
it was not too busy but still took 90 minutes from in to out
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

One transfer under B 65000

Post by Robert williams »

A friend ( not me) was initially refused renewal of his Non O retirement visa the reason given being that one months foreign transfer had fallen below the required amount and he had renewed last year on the basis of income. He did have B 800000 in the bank for the entire year but that was deemed to be irrelevent.After a discussion between the officers he was granted his visa with a warning that this must not happen again.
Was this simply a case of confusion amongst the officers or does the issuing of a a new renewal depend on the transfers during the previous twelve months if that renewal was granted on the basis of income? This brought to mind the time a couple of years ago when I was asked if my transferred GBP had fallen below B65000 for any month. It had not but I did vaguely wonder why was I asked. Sterling had fallen a lot at that time. I have two pensions and the officer took some time to add them together month by month to check the totals
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

bigston wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:52 am until i the letter from the bank certifying that i have an account was 9 days old, no more than 7 days permitted off to the bank, Krungsi, most polite helpful and quite quickly back to Immigration it was not too busy but still took 90 minutes from in to out
A couple of years ago my bank letter and statements from Bangkok were stuck in the Bangkok Branch in Bluport, when it was closed during an early lockdown.
On the morning the branch opened, I retrieved the papers and hot footed to the main Immigration Office to extend my stay for the upteempth time, also updating my book in the machine outside, my book matched the statement and covering letter.
After a long wait in the queue I sat infront of the older female IO, like a 72 year old naughty school boy, whilst she poured through my papers, my thoughts were that she was looking for something wrong and could then refuse my application.
She noticed that the date of the covering letter was more than seven days, and, seemed to have great delight in telling me, that is thus unacceptable.
My pleas that the letter was stuck in the branch as a direct result of the Government instigated lockdown, and that the statements and covering letters, along with my credit advices confirmed that I'd met the statutory requirements, and my updated bank book showed the same figures, were of no consequence to her, rules are rules, no need for commonsense, and I was unceremoniously waved away.

I obtained an updated letter from the bank, the clerk gave me a wry smile when I gave her the reason, and went back to Immigration the next day.
I was wondering how I would respond to the femail IO if I got the short straw again, but she was taking her time interrogating an elderly foreign, so I got a long straw.
The young guy who re-processed my application was polite, cheerfull and processed my application in a few minutes.
I didn't wait long to get my passport back, but I resisted the urge to wave to the female IO, who was still interrogating the elderly couple.
I really do wonder what makes some, thankfully very few, so awkward.