BMW Introduces New Heated Seat Subscription in UK

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: BMW Introduces New Heated Seat Subscription in UK

Post by STEVE G »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:52 pm
STEVE G wrote:
"BMW has sparked debate after offering an online subscription to turn on heated front seats in its cars in the UK for £15 per month.
Can you just pay for a couple of months in the winter?
“While in some instances a monthly subscription might make sense for seasonal features, such as only needing heated front seats in the winter months rather than during the current heatwave, it does raise questions about why a driver might want others on a non-permanent basis”.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/car ... month.html
I was actually joking when I asked as I didn't think they would let you do that. They could have a convertible where you only pay to have the roof down when it's not raining!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: BMW Introduces New Heated Seat Subscription in UK

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure that already they’ll be people working in a software bypass to get what you want for half the price BMW want to charge.

This must be a decision made by accountants rather than designers - getting a standard product on one assembly line rather than various configurations and activate it with software - they must have deduced it’s cheaper despite the waste of resources when it’s not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk