Thaksin turns to teaching!

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Thaksin turns to teaching!

Post by STEVE G »

BangkokPost.com, Agencies
Ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra told a Tokyo news conference on Thursday that he has a dream - where Thailand is democratic, and he is teaching young people about business and management.

The press conference was to announce his appointment as a guest lecturer at Takushoku University in Japan.

He is slated to give his first lecture at Takushoku University on July 5, on Asian economic and business models.

"This is my first employment after being ousted. I've been unemployed for a while," Thaksin joked. "I've been trying to find a job ... as chairman of a soccer club, but it's not coming quick enough."

He refused, however, to take any questions about his bid to buy the English soccer team Manchester City. He also refused to answer any questions about Thai politics.

He said he was looking for a way to share his "accumulated knowledge and experience" with students and hoped to teach in Thailand in the future.

"After Thailand returns to democracy, I think freedom of speech and thinking will prevail. At that time, I will go back. I will teach the younger generation from the experience that I have,"

He appeared optimistic about recent developments, including the military-installed interim government's move to lift a ban on political party activities and plans for elections in December.

"I think the return to democracy will happen soon," he said.

Mr Thaksin made his formidable fortune in the telecoms business. He entered politics, leaving the bulk of the business to his wife and family.

He has been living the life of an idle billionaire since losing his post, travelling between a residence in London and various countries in Asia.
buksida

Re: Thaksin turns to teaching!

Post by buksida »

STEVE G wrote: "After Thailand returns to democracy, I think freedom of speech and thinking will prevail.
Yeah, like it did when he was in power. :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson