25% Discount at Crawfords Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Sorry Ken, got my names mixed up, it was meant for the new owners but to explain more read this thread, especially pages 2 and 3 and you will see were I am coming from.

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/ar ... 75-30.html

:thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think you had/have a niche though Ken. What other place in the area offered what you did, and did it as well as you did?

I think Pagey really wants to get into a slice of that life from what's he's indicated on here.

Maybe give us a #1 to #10 on how to be a successful bar/restaurant owner in HH? Pete :cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pete :

I've worked in Saudi for nearly 5 years on a contract where my company pay for accommodation,food,laundry etc. so put some money away. It's not a bad life, tax free of course, but after 5 years I've had enough.

I go to Thailand, mainly HH 2 or 3 times a year and want to 'retire' there. However, at 46 I don't want to vegetate so wanted a business interest, not to make a fortune, just to supplement my current investment income until I get my pension in 19 years.

I have taken note from the contributors on this forum most of whom warn against getting a bar. However, if you want a business interest there is not a lot of choice for farang as I am sure you are aware.

I went to Phuket in April to look at a bar/restaurant, not a girlie bar, with a negative attitude but with the intention of ruling out ever owning a bar.
It was a partnership so the other farang did one shift in the bar and it didn't seem that bad. I work 9 hours without a break sat in front of a computer so 8 hours a day in a bar reading papers, chatting to customers, doing the accounts didn't seem too bad : :thumb:

I am back in July to look at a food franchise and a small guesthouse/bar /coffee shop and another bar if they are still available but I will not rush in, it has to be right.

Any advice from Ken or any board member is most welcome.

See you all in July. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.