WrLife health insurance company

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
joelle
Legend
Legend

WrLife health insurance company

Post by joelle »

Has anyone heard or know about WrLife insurance company for health insurance?
Any comments much appreciated
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Re: WrLife health insurance company

Post by Chazz14 »

I love their premium rates, but I can't find a single review online! On Google Earth their office in Stratford, East London appears to very unimpressive. The scope of their cover appears too good to be true - so I'll bide my time for now...
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Thanks for the comments
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Have done some research into this company. The link posted by Dannie Boy does not give the true picture of WrLife. WrLife is the holding company for an Insurance Brokerage.

Amongst the Directors of WrLife are a number of Thai's who are also Directors of Assist International Services(AIS) in Bangkok. AIS handle all the Insurance claims for WrLife. AIS is owned by Dr.Boon Vanasin who is the Chairman/Owner of the Thonburi Hospital Group.

WrLife is not regulated in Europe or Thailand. Their General Insurance Licence is held in the Territory of St.Kitts & Nevis and ReInsurance Licence in UAE. WrLife policies are underwritten by AMS Underwriters at Lloyds of London.

My guess that the finance behind the operation is the Owner of Thonburi Hospital Group and that the offshore set up is to avoid tax & regulatory issues.

So far have not heard of any issues with unjustified non payment of claims.

Am not making any recommendations to buy or not just giving some facts.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

PJG wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:35 am Have done some research into this company. The link posted by Dannie Boy does not give the true picture of WrLife. WrLife is the holding company for an Insurance Brokerage.

Amongst the Directors of WrLife are a number of Thai's who are also Directors of Assist International Services(AIS) in Bangkok. AIS handle all the Insurance claims for WrLife. AIS is owned by Dr.Boon Vanasin who is the Chairman/Owner of the Thonburi Hospital Group.

WrLife is not regulated in Europe or Thailand. Their General Insurance Licence is held in the Territory of St.Kitts & Nevis and ReInsurance Licence in UAE. WrLife policies are underwritten by AMS Underwriters at Lloyds of London.

My guess that the finance behind the operation is the Owner of Thonburi Hospital Group and that the offshore set up is to avoid tax & regulatory issues.

So far have not heard of any issues with unjustified non payment of claims.

Am not making any recommendations to buy or not just giving some facts.
Thank you, appreciate your findings :cheers: