Is there a problem with Hua Hin Water?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Is there a problem with Hua Hin Water?

Post by HHTel »

Lol. You do realise that eggshells are porous. You can flavour the eggs with what you put in the water.

To save you looking it up:
Bumpy and grainy in texture, an eggshell is covered with as many as 17,000 tiny pores. Eggshell is made almost entirely of calcium carbonate (CaCO3) crystals. It is a semipermeable membrane, which means that air and moisture can pass through its pores.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

handdrummer wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:31 pm Is there a conspiracy among the suppliers of bottled water to stop Thailand from supplying clean drinking water?

I have a dish drainer on the sink and if I don't clean it every 2 days with bleach it turns black with filth.

Clothes in the washing machine don't come out clean.

This is the 21st. Century, and if there's no lobby preventing clean water, then Thailand is among the worst nations in the world in caring for its citizens. But, by all means, buy submarines and jet fighters.
For years I had a bog standard top loader cold water washer. I have since bought an LG front loader (hot water) the difference is night and day. Whiter than white whites :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

We use Pranburi water for the house, and whist we boil the water for making ice cubes , the rest is used straight from the taps for cooking purposes and all is good, and has always been so.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

sateeb wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:26 am
handdrummer wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:31 pm Is there a conspiracy among the suppliers of bottled water to stop Thailand from supplying clean drinking water?

I have a dish drainer on the sink and if I don't clean it every 2 days with bleach it turns black with filth.

Clothes in the washing machine don't come out clean.

This is the 21st. Century, and if there's no lobby preventing clean water, then Thailand is among the worst nations in the world in caring for its citizens. But, by all means, buy submarines and jet fighters.
For years I had a bog standard top loader cold water washer. I have since bought an LG front loader (hot water) the difference is night and day. Whiter than white whites :cheers:
Our bog washer is the usual top load cold water model and supplied by the landlady. I'd never buy one of those. Of course, there's the seal problem with the front loader but one can remain vigilant.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:13 am We use Pranburi water for the house, and whist we boil the water for making ice cubes , the rest is used straight from the taps for cooking purposes and all is good, and has always been so.
It seems the dirty water problem is endemic to the Smorprong area. But that still doesn't answer the question of why Thailand can't provide clean drinking water.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I installed one of the large sediment filters after the tank and pump. This has worked wonders. Clear and clean water in the taps. In addition I have installed one of those smaller filters with 4 filters and UV inside for a extra small tap for drinking water/coffe machine/ and/or cooking if we like. The tap is slow so for cooking we mostly use the regular tap water.

YNWA

YNWA
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Easy enough to install an in line filter, not the big fancy ones but a simple one. I have in my place and also installed one in Isaan, makes so much difference.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

huahin4ever wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:11 pm I installed one of the large sediment filters after the tank and pump. This has worked wonders. Clear and clean water in the taps. In addition I have installed one of those smaller filters with 4 filters and UV inside for a extra small tap for drinking water/coffe machine/ and/or cooking if we like. The tap is slow so for cooking we mostly use the regular tap water.

YNWA
Yes we also have the large sediment filters - which I forgot to mention above which need changing each 12 months.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I have had them in a previous property, expensive and not that much better. I have had the water tested from both present properties and they are now within WHO limits.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

StevePIraq wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:57 pm I have had them in a previous property, expensive and not that much better. I have had the water tested from both present properties and they are now within WHO limits.
Well looking at the build up of 'sludge' that come out with the old filter I feel better continuing with it thanks