Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Flying to/from Thailand, latest updates

Post by HHTel »

When my daughter came back a few weeks ago (she's now back in the US after Border Control sorted everything after the last shenanigins) she stayed at The Lancaster and said that it was brilliant. Proper menu etc. She was lucky in that her result came back late afternoon so she was able to skip 'quarantine' and just take advantage of the 5*.

I guess when she gets back in July, all the restrictions will have become history (hopefully).

Welcome back, Migrant. In time for midnight opening!
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:56 am When my daughter came back a few weeks ago (she's now back in the US after Border Control sorted everything after the last shenanigins) she stayed at The Lancaster and said that it was brilliant. Proper menu etc. She was lucky in that her result came back late afternoon so she was able to skip 'quarantine' and just take advantage of the 5*.

I guess when she gets back in July, all the restrictions will have become history (hopefully).

Welcome back, Migrant. In time for midnight opening!
Thanks!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Have you been sprung Migrant? :-D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:40 pm Have you been sprung Migrant? :-D
Yes, waited until 9:30 and hadn't heard anything. I was worried because I needed to confirm my ride. I called the operator at the hotel and asked if she had an idea of when the results would come. She asked me my name and date of birth and said, oh sir your result is negative. I asked when was the results received, she said 4:30. So now ensconced in my easy chair at home with a smuggled cigar!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

You shall not pass

Tourist favourite Thailand's recovery lags on Covid rule changes

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... le-changes

Back to the future:

Foreign tourists prepare their documents at the new entry lanes at Suvarnabhumi airport on Nov 1, 2022, the first day of the country's reopening campaign to jump-start the pandemic-hit tourism sector. (Reuters photo)

Foreign tourists prepare their documents at the new entry lanes at Suvarnabhumi airport on Nov 1, 2022, the first day of the country's reopening campaign to jump-start the pandemic-hit tourism sector. (Reuters photo)
c1_2302410.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 705 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Thailand Pass stays, but in 'faster form'

Govt opts not to rush lifting all entry curbs

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... aster-form

The government has said it has not cancelled the Thailand Pass registration requirement for foreign travellers yet but it will be made more conve­nient and quicker to obtain.

Dr Sumanee Wacharasint, assistant spokeswoman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said the requirement will be retained but the procedure will be streamlined for smoother ease of entry into the country.

"The procedure involves checking vaccination certificates, proof of hotel bookings, insurance documents, and documents for booking RT-PCR tests upon arrival," said Dr Sumanee, who also serves as director of the Department of Disease Control's Risk Communication and Health Behavioural Development Bureau.

However, from May 1 the Test & Go entry scheme will be cancelled, without any need for bookings for alternative quarantine (AQ) hotels and RT-PCR tests, which will facilitate faster Thailand Pass registration, she said.

waste of space.........................
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As I've said umteen times, protect the tourists from the locals. A poor local vaccination rate here equates to divert the focus elsewhere. :banghead:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Department of Disease Control's Risk Communication and Health Behavioural Development Bureau.

They do love them titles.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Nereus wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:50 am You shall not pass

Tourist favourite Thailand's recovery lags on Covid rule changes

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... le-changes

Back to the future:

c1_2302410.jpg
OMG! We missed 5 months of life. We'll never recover them. I wonder what we did in that period? It will forever be known as the lost months in Thailand.
perfectvolley

thailand pass

Post by perfectvolley »

I have some questions about the new thailand pass. I (german) and my thai wife are going to germany end of this month. My wife did her appliance for the pass already. As i understand the new rules it is not required for thai citizen to have a health insurance to reenter thailand. But for me as a non thai i do need a health insurance witch covers at least 10000 US Dollar. When I bought the air ticket I said yes to the box where you can choose a travel health insurance. Does anybody know if that travel insurance will cover the requirement of a thailand pass. And if not what is the cheapest way to fullfill the requirement ( I do not have a health ins. here in Thailand).
Any recommendations are very wellcome.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

It all depends when you are due to return to Thailand. Requirements change at the whim of the Generals.
As for the airline insurance, same for me as I'm travelling abroad in August, unless I'm mistaken, the period of insurance only covers the duration of your trip to Germany and ends when you land back here. Fortunately I have health insurance here that covers me. I believe that there are lots of cheap policy's out there, perhaps you would be better off talking to those fine folks at AA Insurance.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote:It all depends when you are due to return to Thailand. Requirements change at the whim of the Generals.
As for the airline insurance, same for me as I'm travelling abroad in August, unless I'm mistaken, the period of insurance only covers the duration of your trip to Germany and ends when you land back here. Fortunately I have health insurance here that covers me. I believe that there are lots of cheap policy's out there, perhaps you would be better off talking to those fine folks at AA Insurance.
Yes Matt at AA will guide you with very comprehensive information on what you need to do, but as mentioned above, it could be that by the time your due to return the requirement for insurance has changed/ no longer required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You can apply for the Thailand Pass up to 60 days before your arrival in Thailand.

This site shows quite clearly the requirements currently.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-t ... ss-in-2022

It is expected that the Thailand Pass will be cancelled from 1st June so you may not need it at all. But of course you'll still need insurance.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I applied for a Thailand Passport at 2pm yesterday and got the approval at 10pm. I have uploaded a letter from my insurance company stating that Covid is insured up to $100,000. I only need it in June, but I didn't count on the expectation that it would be taken down in June.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've had three Thai Passes over the last six months and I've never had a problem getting them, it's only taken an hour or two on the Internet booking hotels, buying insurance etc.
The only problem has been the cost involved and for that reason I wouldn't apply any earlier than about 10 days in advance because the requirements are changing constantly and you will avoid buying something you don't need.