Elusive wide shoes and long watch straps

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Elusive wide shoes and long watch straps

Post by Gregjam »

As the temperatures have driven me to stay in the shade and not do anything too active I have been searching online to try and find extra wide fit sandals (to be more specific a mule type in size 47 EE width). Also on the (to find) list is a 23mm watch strap to fit an 8 inch wrist. I want a fairly chunky light brown strap as it is for a bronze watch or similar colour or a fabric strap. Buying a manufacturers strap even if they have one would be financially punitive.
I have been trying to source them in Thailand rather than abroad to reduce postal issues but not pay the earth particularly if having to rely on an online purchase that may well need to be returned.
I have been here long enough to know this is a big ask and as I will be going abroad to work again at the end of June and am anticipating having to wait until then but am asking in case anyone knows of potential sources.
Big Boy

Re: Elusive wide shoes and long watch straps

Post by Big Boy »

I have feet in proportion to the rest of me, which make my needs bigger than yours. I find Alibaba or AliExpress to fit the online shopping bill.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I am avoiding ordering from China as the wait times are so long. Currently expecting a pair from there ordered over a month ago. Another reason is that I work with PR Chinese and the lads use Taobao which is usually cheaper or can communicate directly with suppliers but that will not be until July at the earliest.
I had a watch strap custom made in China for my Panerai which was not cheap but very good. I suspect this will happen again but for the slightly smaller width strap.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Try the watch repair place in the MV basement.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Don't know if you're on facebook, bit even if not, you should be able to view this message. Try this guy for from Vietnam for watch straps, he can custom make some for you and prices are reasonable, I have yet to use him, but know a couple who have and are very satisfied. I have tried to find similar in Thailand, without any joy, athough I have bought a couple of handmade straps at K village in Bkk, but it's stall that is a co-operative (various crafts sold) and I can't get the guy's details.

https://www.facebook.com/chulyquang.leatherworks

Edit - this is his email: chulyquang@gmail.com
Talk is cheap
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I have avoided ordering from abroad due to potential customs and time issues. Had a look on Facebook and some nice straps there. I think I will end up going the China route as once back at work it is the easiest and I am after a 23mm xl strap which is an unusual size. Thanks for the suggestion caller, I’ll keep the link in case of future use.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Gregjam wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:29 pmand I am after a 23mm xl strap which is an unusual size.
It sure is! My straps go 20, 21, 22 & 24. 21mm caused a fuss when it started appearing about 8 years ago, as the various 'indies' didn't produce a strap thaat size. I am curious to know what watch you have with a 23mm lug size?
Talk is cheap
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

The 23mm strap is for a Tudor Heritage Black Bay with a Bronze case. It is larger than the normal Black Bay versions and has the wider strap. I understand that Luminox also have a model with a 23mm strap.
I seem to have a knack of getting watches with strange straps as my Edox Grand Ocean has one which is nothing like the “normal” straps.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Gregjam wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am The 23mm strap is for a Tudor Heritage Black Bay with a Bronze case. It is larger than the normal Black Bay versions and has the wider strap. I understand that Luminox also have a model with a 23mm strap.
I seem to have a knack of getting watches with strange straps as my Edox Grand Ocean has one which is nothing like the “normal” straps.
That's a good watch. A lot of bronze watches tend to have larger straps, but not all. One I have is 24mm, the other 22mm. I don't know the Edox, but will have a look. My unusual strap size was 21mm, but they seem to becoming more common now. Good luck with finding what you want.
Talk is cheap