Combined Hot and Cold Water Machines

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Combined Hot and Cold Water Machines

Post by lomuamart »

For want of a better way to describe them, they're the things you put drinking water into, plug it in and get constant hot and cold water.

Does anyone know where to get them in HH - we're tried Macro and they didn't seem to stock them? And are they any good?

Thanks.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Combined Hot and Cold Water Machines

Post by HHTel »

There are dozens on Lazada with delivery from stock.

Apart from Makro, they're advertised at HomePro and Power Buy. I'd also give Index a look.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We bought ours at HomePro. They didn't have a huge range, but enough to get what we needed.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The one we have is a Sharp and have had it for getting on 10 years with no problem. The hot water supply has a separate switch so if you don’t need hot water on tap, you can turn it off and save a little on electric. Can’t remember where we got it from but could have been Big Kiang - I’d certainly give them a look.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the replies. Another shopping expedition is necessary but not till later in the week.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

HomePro has an on-line store and fast delivery per our experience. Below is their water machine page.

https://www.homepro.co.th/c/APP17
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I have a mixed opinion on the things. We had a couple in the office; if everyone drank at once, like at teabreak, the cooler and the heater section couldn't keep up.
Points to consider
1 you need a fair amount of people traffic to warrant one of these. If not, it's just on standby eating electricity
2 if you are particular about the quality of your water, give this a miss. There is no internal filtration.
3 if you really want one, get one with gravity feed. Those with electric pumps don't work when the power goes out.
Also, look for a dispenser with 3 buttons - hot, cold, and room temperature.

I use one upcountry because the only drinking water out here in the boonies comes in those 20 liter bottles
But in Bangkok, I'm happy with just getting a cold bottle out of the fridge, and have a boiler pot for morning coffee.
YMMV
วินเชนท์