'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by HHTel »

Not sure how you can 'blag' your way to the front of the queue. The queue numbers are given by machine and the next in line is clearly displayed on the overhead.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

thecolonel wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:56 pm
StevePIraq wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:52 pm Why copy of insurance?

I've never been asked for that before.

Excuse my ignorance but do we have different visas?

I'm non-imm(retirement)

Which visa requires proof of health insurance?

I have travel insurance with £5 million cover

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
£5 million cover is a lot, however what is your excess and does it specifically cover Covid 19, which is the Thai requirement for an O-A visa, you can get 400k Baht cover for around 7,000Baht from LMG insurance with 200k excess and almost no chance of ever being able to claim for anything.
No excess and I'm not O-A

Btw chaps, are we sure that the immigration officers strictly follow the numbers system

I'm sure people try and blag their way ahead of the queue ImageImage

I never see people being told to sit the **** down!

I could be wrong but that's the impression I get

No, they don't "strictly follow the numbers system." We've been seeing the same officer for several years, he's also a friend of our landlady and when I go in to renew my visa, he motions us to come to his window whenever he's through will whom he's talking to.
No, we don't pay him anything.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:41 pm
StevePIraq wrote:
£5 million cover is a lot, however what is your excess and does it specifically cover Covid 19, which is the Thai requirement for an O-A visa, you can get 400k Baht cover for around 7,000Baht from LMG insurance with 200k excess and almost no chance of ever being able to claim for anything.

Btw chaps, are we sure that the immigration officers strictly follow the numbers system

No, they don't "strictly follow the numbers system." We've been seeing the same officer for several years, he's also a friend of our landlady and when I go in to renew my visa, he motions us to come to his window whenever he's through will whom he's talking to.
Yeah, I’ve been patiently sitting there, like everyone else, and someone will walk in and walk right up to a window and start receiving service. Definitely a little wiggle room around that number system, if you know the right people.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Removed my dumb question because I did not think it through. Disregard. Nothing to see here.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

handdrummer wrote:
StevePIraq wrote: £5 million cover is a lot, however what is your excess and does it specifically cover Covid 19, which is the Thai requirement for an O-A visa, you can get 400k Baht cover for around 7,000Baht from LMG insurance with 200k excess and almost no chance of ever being able to claim for anything.

Yep, as i thought!

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It ain't who you know, it's who knows you.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The only time I've jumped the queue is after being sent away to collect something I've missed. In that case and it's happened to a couple of others I know, when you return you are instructed to go direct to the officer who was dealing with you. That's not really queue jumping as the business was already underway.

In the case of seeing the same officer, that is also the same with me. I've seen the same one over the years, enough to greet him outside in uniform and out of uniform. When he spots me he asks me what number I am. My number doesn't come up before the numbers in front of me but when it is displayed I'm directed to his window. I guess he somehow reserves my number.
This does appear to be quite an unnecessary argument, (which I've just added to!), as waiting times and efficiency has greatly improved over the last few years in my opinion.
buksida

Post by buksida »

If you use the 'agent' route, you don't need to take a ticket and get in the queue, you'll be next. All part of the service.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:If you use the 'agent' route, you don't need to take a ticket and get in the queue, you'll be next. All part of the service.
For the sake of about £350(mentioned above) thanks but I'll wait! ImageImageImage

Yours,

E Scrooge

buksida

Post by buksida »

Dunno where you get that figure from, but you get a whole lot more than just skipping the queue for those that need it. Was just giving an example of where you may see the practice.

FYI, there is an online appointment booking system for immigration but I haven't tried it. May give it a go for my re-entry permit next month.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40329
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Does anyone know if I can get a re-entry permit from Blueport immigration?
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:45 am Dunno where you get that figure from, but you get a whole lot more than just skipping the queue for those that need it. Was just giving an example of where you may see the practice.

FYI, there is an online appointment booking system for immigration but I haven't tried it. May give it a go for my re-entry permit next month.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40329
i got it from this thread as i said, this was posted 4 days ago above

"Having just done my visa extension I can advise a little.
Depending on the agent and if they must deposit money for you it can range from 14k to 18k."
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yes, that is for borrowing money. It is not for just the fast track/hassle-free process I mentioned. There are many options/prices for the agent route but those with all the requirements living close to the office with plenty of time on their hands need not bother.

Would also be interested to find out if Bluport can do a re-entry permit.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

pitsch wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:54 am Does anyone know if I can get a re-entry permit from Blueport immigration?
That's a NO, only available at the main office. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Yes, that is for borrowing money. It is not for just the fast track/hassle-free process I mentioned. There are many options/prices for the agent route but those with all the requirements living close to the office with plenty of time on their hands need not bother.

Would also be interested to find out if Bluport can do a re-entry permit.
Ok. My bad Image