The Gallery @ Bluport - fancy a new motor?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
caller
Hero
Hero

The Gallery @ Bluport - fancy a new motor?

Post by caller »

Surprised not to have read about this before.

I went to Bluport earlier to grab a bite to eat and some food shopping. But after eating, I thought I would wander up to the 2nd floor to see if any more new shops have opened, and a few have, but the big surprise was a place called 'The Gallery'. At first I thought it was just filling in space, then I realised everything was for sale. That's classic cars, art work, classic film posters, famous pics of Monroe and the like.

It was great fun. Much of the art was from what they call 'Thai National Artists', and much of that I found a bit too traditional for me, although there was some nice paintings as well. But I never ever expected to see pieces from Dali, Chagall, Francis Bacon and Picasso for sale here, only a few, but great stuff.

And the cars, aaaaah. Well, you will need very, very deep pockets, Apart from the ones I took pics of, there was a classic Porsce and a Bentley.

The Gallery occupies a big corner plot on the 2nd floor towards the front of the building where it meets Petchkasem Road. Here's a few pics - excuse quality, I am hopeless with a phone:

Top L to R: Dali, Bacon, Bacon
Bottom L to R: Dali, Chagall, Picasso

Talk is cheap
pharvey

Re: The Gallery @ Bluport - fancy a new motor?

Post by pharvey »

Certainly a couple of Bahts worth there!! :shock:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I knew it was there, but thought it was just a short term display. I didn't realise they were selling stuff. It certainly might be worth taking a look.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Are the paintings originals or copies?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Cannot be multi-million dollar originals without safeguards
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

handdrummer wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:26 am Are the paintings originals or copies?
They are, as far as I can tell, limited edition prints (signed and with edition number), not sure about the yellow Bacon, which could be a one-off print? It's not a painting. The Picasso appears to be a poster.

There's a security guard at the entrance! :D
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I remember having a Corniche (for a day) It wasn't convertible and definitely wasn't mine, but it was a driving experience I'll not forget.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

pitsch wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:34 am Cannot be multi-million dollar originals without safeguards
Yes, I agree, but they're not. I wouldn't buy any of them unless authenticity could be proven.

The Dali's are very unlike his better known and typical Dali-esque style of work. Did nothing for me. But I do recall visiting an exhibtion of his watercolours at the Bankside Gallery in London, I think they had prints there as well and being surprised at the variety of work on display and they were for sale. Prices weren't outrageous.
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Are you sure those cars are for sale, or just displaying the estimated value?
I know the bloke that owns the Gullwing, although I have not seen him for a couple of years. All the owners of cars like that are hi-so business owners, and rarely sell any of their cars. They put them in displays like that to gain face from their rivals!

Pity I did not know about it before, as back in Bangkok now. Some rare cars there. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Nereus wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 amAre you sure those cars are for sale, or just displaying the estimated value?
I assumed. The two ladies working there didn't speak English.

At first, I just assumed it was an exhibition, especially with the name of the place and the fact there were no prices on the labels of the paintings. Then I saw a couple of 'reserved' stickers covering the labels.

I never trust a place that doesn't display prices!

But as you say, some very nice cars there.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Here you go - more info here:

https://www-sanook-com.translate.goog/m ... _tr_pto=sc

I fotgot that there a few cars scattered around Bluport as well. They sell handbags!
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

caller wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:49 am Here you go - more info here:

https://www-sanook-com.translate.goog/m ... _tr_pto=sc

I fotgot that there a few cars scattered around Bluport as well. They sell handbags!
Thanks for that. From some of the names and photos of posers, it appears to be designed as a "look at me" ego trip for owners as far as the cars are concerned, despite the BS spiel.

Never the less, good to see some old classics preserved, and would be even better if it was better promoted. But then, I doubt that it is directed at us plebs! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

No doubt the hi-so Facebook network would have been in full swing!!