Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Flying into Thailand, latest updates

Post by migrant »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 pm
HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:17 am It appears that the new Thailand Pass is working well.

A friend of mine received his Thailand Pass last night. He arrives this coming Monday.

Applied on 1st, processed and received on the 3rd. Not bad!
I attempted to submit my details yesterday, when I say attempted I did in fact submit my application but I’m not confident it will be accepted. When you are requested to upload the various documents, it will only accept jpeg format and will not accept a pdf file. Both my Hotel Booking and COVID Insurance certificate were pdf format. I tried to convert them to jpeg but could only manage to do it a single page at a time and the system will only allow you to submit one file, (not 5 for the COVID insurance certificate). The best I could manage was to photograph the first two important pages that contained all the important details and save them as a single file and upload them. The hotel booking was only two pages so I managed to capture both pages onto a single jpeg image. I now have to wait to see if my application will be accepted, which is making me somewhat anxious to say the least.
I wish you luck! I was on the second plane out of the US last year when Thailand opened up, first from the west coast. I had to turn in my documents a few times since all was new back then and the rules changed a few times. Keep at it!!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I just checked for RT PCR test from LAX. Lab located at airport and test results can come back in as little as 3 hours but 24-48 hours is standard. Couldn't find the cost but at least the test can be had there before flying out from LAX.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My friend has arrived in BKK from the US.
He said the airline checks and the checks en route were horrendous. However, once in BKK immigration was not more than 2 mins! Showed his 'Thailand Pass' and was waved through. No further checks.

Whisked off to the hospital for his PCR and is now in his hotel waiting for the result.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Steve has it correct,those wanting to come for family reasons may jump through all the hoops--tourists,I dont think so.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My friend who arrived yesterday is indeed a tourist. His first visit to Thailand. Apart from the checks en route, passing through immigration at the airport was a breeze.
He did book a hotel for 2 nights but he was found negative within hours. He chose to stay at the hotel last night and received a full refund for the second night.
Initially made the mistake of booking a taxi to HH with the hotel. 8,500 baht!! After speaking with him he quickly cancelled that and booked a taxi for 2,000 baht.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
HHTel wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:17 am It appears that the new Thailand Pass is working well.

A friend of mine received his Thailand Pass last night. He arrives this coming Monday.

Applied on 1st, processed and received on the 3rd. Not bad!
I attempted to submit my details yesterday, when I say attempted I did in fact submit my application but I’m not confident it will be accepted. When you are requested to upload the various documents, it will only accept jpeg format and will not accept a pdf file. Both my Hotel Booking and COVID Insurance certificate were pdf format. I tried to convert them to jpeg but could only manage to do it a single page at a time and the system will only allow you to submit one file, (not 5 for the COVID insurance certificate). The best I could manage was to photograph the first two important pages that contained all the important details and save them as a single file and upload them. The hotel booking was only two pages so I managed to capture both pages onto a single jpeg image. I now have to wait to see if my application will be accepted, which is making me somewhat anxious to say the least.
After an anxious weekend, I’m extremely relieved to have just received my approved Thailand Pass so I’ll be returning this coming weekend - just the dreaded PCR tests to clear now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There are a few returnees back in situ where I live.
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I just returned on COE last Saturday. Had booked 10 day quarantine due to coming from Africa and at the time when I applied for my COE they did not accept my full vaccination (Covid Recovery and 1 shot of Pfizer). Got to the hotel and showed them Thailand Pass regulations where this is considered fully vaccinated now after 1 Nov.

So now I'm enjoying 7 days Sandbox in Bangkok, test on day of arrival was negative so I can go around as I please in the city, but I have to stay at the hotel every night. I will also need one more test before I depart, but that is an Antigen test

YNWA

YNWA
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Dannie Boy,

Well done on getting through the red tape.

I'm off to the UK on the 24th Nov returning 28th Dec. Without wading through all the posts, I've got one question for you, please.

What documentation did you use to prove you're fully vaccinated when returning here?

All I've got is the original HHH appointment card which shows when and what jabs I got but there's no QR code or similar. I've just been to the hospital and the waiting time for the passport is 2 months. I was advised to go to Prachuab as buksida has mentioned and that's probably what I'll do but the lady at HHH reckoned the appt card would get me back in. I'm also fairly sure it'll get me into the UK without having to self-isolate but I'm trying to have a back-up plan.

Thanks for any help.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Flying into Thailand, latest updates

Post by Dannie Boy »

lomuamart wrote:Dannie Boy,

Well done on getting through the red tape.

I'm off to the UK on the 24th Nov returning 28th Dec. Without wading through all the posts, I've got one question for you, please.

What documentation did you use to prove you're fully vaccinated when returning here?

All I've got is the original HHH appointment card which shows when and what jabs I got but there's no QR code or similar. I've just been to the hospital and the waiting time for the passport is 2 months. I was advised to go to Prachuab as buksida has mentioned and that's probably what I'll do but the lady at HHH reckoned the appt card would get me back in. I'm also fairly sure it'll get me into the UK without having to self-isolate but I'm trying to have a back-up plan.

Thanks for any help.
I was vaccinated at Cha Am hospital and they gave me a vaccine certificate on the same day as my second jab - this certificate has a QR code on it and when you complete the Thailand Pass application it specifically requires you to scan a copy of your QR code. I’m obviously not an expert but would be doubtful that your appointment card would satisfy their needs. BTW, I don’t arrive until Sunday so I still have to go through a number of hoops including getting a PCR test done today!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lomu,

I don't know if you've asked for a vaccine certificate at HHH yet, but it should be a simple case of them just printing it out. That's what they did when I saw my certificate being used for something else in the hospital, and asked for a copy. I'd asked for one before, and they looked at me as though I had 2 heads, but when I could point at what I wanted, it was simple. If you'd like a copy of mine, just to show them, I could e-mail a copy to you. A picture speaks a 1,000 words.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Additionally, I don't think Prachuap hospital will issue the vaccine passport (yellow book) without a valid vaccine certificate (the appointment card is next to meaningless without the QR code). Amazed that HHH refuses to issue them when everywhere else does as they're kind of essential at the moment.

All very Kafkaesque.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHH obviously do issue the passports without the vaccine certificate, because they don't issue the latter. However, it was when my passport arrived, it had several certificates attached for hospital use. It was when I saw that, I asked for one. I couldn't have one of the admin copies, but the girl easily printed me another copy.

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the replies. They've got me thinking.

BB, if the certs that you saw came with your passport, then I'm still stuffed because it's a 2 month wait for the p/p. Or do they maybe already exist in the admin system?

Does the p/p have a QR code? Because if it doesn't have and I can't get a cert then how can upload docs for the TP from the UK?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They have to exist in the system. This is why you need to ask. Yes, the passport has the QR Code.

Mor Phrom has the QR Code you need. You might need to invest in a phone :D

Points 48; Position 20