Market Village Murder

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Big Boy

Market Village Murder

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think this has been reported anywhere else.

A 31 year old woman was murdered on floor 2.5 of Market Village Car Park yesterday. From what I've seen/read (haven't seen an English report) was that her 45 year old husband shot her and left her on the back seat of their car. He then took a motorcycle taxi home, where he intended to kill himself but failed.

I'm just back from MV, where I've been shopping and was actually shocked to see the murder scene still in tact i.e. floor 2.5 was closed off and the car was the only car on that floor. Quite gruesome.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Market Village Murder

Post by HHTel »

Horrendous news.
He then took a motorcycle taxi home, where he intended to kill himself but failed.
So armed with a gun, he tried to shoot himself ----- and missed!!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Here is the link for the English version (Huahintoday)

Police have arrested a man who shot dead his wife in the parking lot of Market Village Shopping Mall in Hua Hin.

Hua Hin Police received a report of a shooting on the mezzanine level on the second floor of the car park at approximately 4.30pm on Sunday afternoon.

At the scene police found the body of the 31 year old victim, who is from Pranburi, inside a white Honda car. She had suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head.

Police later arrested her 45 year old husband, who police said is a local man who works delivering vegetables to hotels.

Police said the couple had been frequently arguing about money.

The suspect told police he and his wife had visited Market Village but again began arguing about their lack of money.

The argument escalated and the man said pulled out the gun, which he had recently bought for 30,000 baht, from inside the vehicle and shot his wife dead at point blank range.

The man said he then locked the door of the car and walked out of the shopping mall to a motorcycle taxi which took him home to his house in Hua Hin district.

He said he then attempted to kill himself but was stopped by his brother.

The man was later arrested and is currently being held at Hua Hin police station where he faces a murder charge.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

HHTel wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:51 pm Horrendous news.
He then took a motorcycle taxi home, where he intended to kill himself but failed.
Happens every day all over the world.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just been reading another Thai translation. It states he tried to shoot himself at the scene, but the weapon failed. He took the motorcycle taxi to his brother's house, where he drank toilet cleaner. His brother rushed him to hospital.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:55 pm
I've just been reading another Thai translation. It states he tried to shoot himself at the scene, but the weapon failed. He took the motorcycle taxi to his brother's house, where he drank toilet cleaner. His brother rushed him to hospital.
A man with serious problems....... Christ!

Terrible story, but you would think that some would have spotted this guy having obvious mental issues - his brother perhaps for one.... How commonplace are handguns in the likes of HH?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Not just HH, Pharvey, handguns are everywhere. If not name brand, homemade. Some are fold down barrel single shot 12 gauge shotgun pistol type. The south is especially armed to the max.

It goes back a long way, especially to the communist threat era starting in the early 60's. Most had a gun of some type in the house.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:55 pm
A man with serious problems....... Christ!

Terrible story, but you would think that some would have spotted this guy having obvious mental issues - his brother perhaps for one.... How commonplace are handguns in the likes of HH?
We probably don’t know for sure, but my wife reckons that more than 50% are likely to have access to a gun, albeit many will be kept at home rather than in the car, but an unpleasant reminder to avoid car rage incidents just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Although not obvious in HH, there are many more guns around than you'd think. Very easy to get hold of and of course very few are registered.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

https://www.banmuang.co.th/mobile/news/crime/249983

For those interested, Ban Muang reports the gun is a .357 calibre bought on the internet for 30,000 baht.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Another story. In 1985-86 I found the Thai police investigator I was working with here in 1969-72. He was the only one I was able to locate out of several after trying for years. He was then working as chief of security at the Siam Intercontinental Hotel (torn down in 2002 and now Siam Paragon shopping mall :banghead: )

He was still carrying the same stainless 9MM automatic he was carrying back in 1969-72, and before that.

At our reunion my then Thai business partner was with us and took a great liking to the gun. I went back to the US and found out a year later that my friend (named Nippon) had passed away, he had looked ill when I met him, but I didn't push the point. My Thai business partner had kept in touch with him. He approached Nippon's wife after his death and asked if he could purchase the gun. She said absolutely not, I need it!

That really tells the whole story about this place concerning guns. They become part of family treasure.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

hhinner wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:59 pm https://www.banmuang.co.th/mobile/news/crime/249983

For those interested, Ban Muang reports the gun is a .357 calibre bought on the internet for 30,000 baht.
And he shot her for spending that same amount online!

Ironic really.
JayTee
Amateur
Amateur

Post by JayTee »

And he shot her for spending that same amount online!
Ironic really.
Well, at least a gun stops making noise/s after it's emptied :guns: