Sandbox Phuket

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Sandbox Phuket

Post by joelle »

PhuketSandbox Update: On 29th August, 411 international travellers arrived on 6 flights bringing the total to 25,866. Since 1st July, 80 Sandboxers have tested positive. 32 on 1st test, 28 on 2nd test, 2 on 3rd test, and 18 from close contact tests.
Attachments
received_876287879651057.jpeg
received_876287879651057.jpeg (103.26 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Well if those stats are accurate ... *ahem* ... just 0.3% of arrivals have tested positive so the big covid surge on Phuket is down to locals spreading it, nothing to do with tourism.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re: Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Post by jumusman »

I am flying VietJet from BKK to Phuket on Friday and can no longer wait 30 minutes on the phone to have a question answered. When is a negative Covid test required to fly these days ?

I completed Phuket sandbox August 24th and have not left Thailand since. It seems for a domestic flight I would only need to show my sandbox receipt and proof of vaccine.

No need for me to spend 4000 baht for no reason at all if I don't need a PCR test. Anyone got any ideas ? Even the VietJet Thailand website does not really give specific information it seems. Thanks, Jamie.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Update: On 8th September, 291 international travellers arrived on 3 flights bringing the total to 29,654. Since 1st July, 88 Sandboxers have tested positive. 32 on 1st test, 26 on 2nd test, 6 on 3rd test, and 24 from close contact tests.
Attachments
E-z1VV8VUAABK8C.jpeg.jpg
E-z1VV8VUAABK8C.jpeg.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

We arrived in Hua Hin 2 days ago after "doing the sandbox "
with all papers in hand , drove up staying overnight in Chumphon
stopped once at a checkpoint , only interest was car rego, passport, phone number, took 3 minutes then on our way
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

bigston wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:33 am We arrived in Hua Hin 2 days ago after "doing the sandbox "
with all papers in hand , drove up staying overnight in Chumphon
stopped once at a checkpoint , only interest was car rego, passport, phone number, took 3 minutes then on our way
Thanks for sharing
Btw where was the checkpoint?
:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had a few jolly's in my time with the Civil Service, but nothing to match this baby :shock:......

Thais lobby to ease UK 'red' travel list ban

A British deputy minister is preparing to visit Phuket under its Sandbox tourism scheme, raising hopes Britain may soon remove Thailand from its travel "red list", according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... l-list-ban
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I moved this post here in hopes of greater visibility, and perhaps an answer before your flight tomorrow. I think though perhaps no one on here has flown domestically yet like you are planning to do? We've seen other Sandbox people driving to other domestic destinations from Phuket, not flying.

jumusman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm I am flying VietJet from BKK to Phuket on Friday and can no longer wait 30 minutes on the phone to have a question answered. When is a negative Covid test required to fly these days ?

I completed Phuket sandbox August 24th and have not left Thailand since. It seems for a domestic flight I would only need to show my sandbox receipt and proof of vaccine.

No need for me to spend 4000 baht for no reason at all if I don't need a PCR test. Anyone got any ideas ? Even the VietJet Thailand website does not really give specific information it seems. Thanks, Jamie.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

jumusman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm I am flying VietJet from BKK to Phuket on Friday and can no longer wait 30 minutes on the phone to have a question answered. When is a negative Covid test required to fly these days ?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/new-order ... -81307.php

https://www.thephuketnews.com/domestic- ... -81329.php

https://www.thephuketnews.com/digital-h ... -81338.php
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:27 am I had a few jolly's in my time with the Civil Service, but nothing to match this baby :shock:......

Thais lobby to ease UK 'red' travel list ban

A British deputy minister is preparing to visit Phuket under its Sandbox tourism scheme, raising hopes Britain may soon remove Thailand from its travel "red list", according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... l-list-ban
Despite coming from the Bangkok Post, the minister's visit has been declared untrue on Twitter. Still to be confirmed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't believe the story at all. There is no 'deputy' position in UK Govt. and any junior minister going for a jaunt to Phuket at this time, would get slaughtered. It's just not an important enough issue for a junior minister to deal with. And the main reason for Thailand being on the red list is because of a lack of genome testing in Thailand generally, thus the risk of new variants entering the UK, which hasn't been addressed.
Talk is cheap
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

The Checkpoint was just a few km past the Phangnga / Ranong border
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

bigston wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:11 pm The Checkpoint was just a few km past the Phangnga / Ranong border
:thanks: